Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuses Missing?

97Silverfrost

Advice needed please, I seem to have a couple of fuses and a relay missing in relation to my handbook fuse layout?

It seems relay number 19 (AMT) is missing?

Fuses number 1 and 6(DRL + EFI).

My Aygo Ice is 2012 model, 1.0 manual gears.

The other evening car broke down, RAC mechanic said alternator wasn't charging, hazards on for over 3 hours on main road ran Battery flat.

Local garage supplied and fitted new alternator but said new alternator wasn't charging, must be an electrical fault, drivers window open and they couldn't shut it, they dropped car off with their Battery and swapped my old flat back in,

I've checked fusebox and all seem ok, no burned or damaged relays but the above 2 fuses and relay seem to be missing, is this normal or should all be included as the book?

I couldn't get anywhere with him over the matter when he dropped car off basically the car is no further forward than having a new alternator fitted, this is a new owner of the garage, he said I should get electrician to look at it. Later he phoned and said he would bring electrian tomorrow, no cost, but it just doesn't seem right, I wish I had photo of fusebox before the garage had it.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated 👍

IMG_20230518_072325~2.jpg

IMG_20230518_072207_HDR~2.jpg

A couple of YouTube videos seem to have number 19 missing and possibly number 6 from what I can see, so maybe I'm wrong in thinking the fuses are missing

IMG_20230518_091148.jpg

IMG_20230518_091205.jpg

I can't find alternator fuse that's on its own, it's not on back of above fuse box, if it's back of engine, I can't see it?

Don't worry about those fuses or relay, 1 is DRL's what are not fitted, 2 is front fogs (if fitted), 19 and the relay is for the semi auto gearbox what you don't have

the Alternator fuse is a common issue, especially if the car is jump started

You do not need to replace the entire fuse box to replace the blown link

the fusible link is located in the lower part of the fuse box, remove the Battery and unbolt the fuse box you then need to release the lower fuse box cover - at the front you will find 2 black wires, unbolt the 2 leads, trim back the blown link and fit the new fuse between the 2 bolt holes place the cables and do up the bolts

Click to enlarge

185343244_Aygofusiblelink.thumb.jpg.747d19a53442e7cc7fc4e949f458fe1e.jpg

897582089_aygo125afusiblelink.thumb.jpeg.0d7f6aeca25339150c41ed1e2008fd45.jpeg

• Like 2

Thankyou very much Flash22, very kind of you to take the time to reply, I'll try this today once I get my tools, and obviously try to source a new fuse, I'm sure I'll see the old fuse and where to place, I'm not sure on what you mean by 'trimming the blown link'?

Does that mean cutting the broken metal link there, if so how do fix that broken link? I can obviously work out where the pictured fuse fits between the two lead bolts but the link is below, I'm not sure on that aspect.

Is any 125 fuse ok to use, I see variations on a quick search but all have the two lead holes either side?

Sorry I'm not that mechanical, but willing to give it a go, kindest regards 

The link that has been blown apart just trim it back (red arrow in the pic), the fuse replaces that blown link

the part number for the fuse is in the picture

Arh I understand now, thankyou Flash, your an Aygo genius, I'm stuck here, and whole heartily mean it, thankyou 

iirc these fuses are classed as Midi Links £2-3 each - 125a should be pink

That would do it, the dealer may have one on the shelf

Pic courtesy of Aygotoground

image.thumb.jpg.1998c5d7444140e18c4ce440

Unbolt the fuse box from the car and release the 4 clips - 2 at the front and 2 at the rear and split the 2

You need to push on the tab towards the fuse box (the part that come off of the lower half)

• Like 2

Excellent, I thought it must be hid, glad the pictured eBay one will do, and photo helps and explanation, I'll let you know how get on, thankyou Flash22

• Like 1

Battery charger and link fuse came today, removed the bottom left nut and top right nut behind top of fusebox left all fuses and wires connected)

Fusebox plastic clip things were too awkward for myself to get off, luckily my neighbour helped, we had to pull 'flap' back and stick wooden coffee stirring sticks in each and prize open with screwdriver, the link was broken just like your photo above, the new link fuse holes had to made a little larger, put on, connected everything back up started no problem, window closed at last, after a night of non stop rain.

Off to Halfords to check alternator is charging Battery.

The mechanic never showed up after saying he would yesterday.

So thanks for your kindness Flash, I'm back on the road, otherwise car would be sat or in garage costing a fortune on different 'fixes'.

I'll try to change post title with alternator in to help others, and if you could privately message me your PayPal address I'd like to send a little money next month when I get paid for your help.

I really appreciate you replying 👌

IMG_20230519_123658.jpg

IMG_20230519_124804.jpg

IMG_20230519_123656_HDR.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No need for any form of payment, just happy to help 👍

• Like 4

Thankyou Flash22, that's very kind, not often anyone helps me so I'm really grateful and really touched.

I have progressing severe nerve damage so can't walk far these days, the car is essential for getting about, which I can again now thanks to your kindness, and I'm sure many others on here appreciate you too.

Until next time, kindest regards Keith 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links