Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water Leaking Into Boot

ToneLoc

HI there

can anybody give me a clue about a water leak into my boot? The water is coming in from behind the plastic which covers the rear nearside light cluster, and quickly fills up the spare wheel space!!

I notice that if you remove the vent behind the light cluter (inside the boot) there is a pipe which I think takes the water from the sun roof somewhere... it could be blocked, but have no idea where it goes!

Any ideas appreciated! :hokus-pokus:

Tone Loc

I think that is the pipe 4 the rear washer jet mate but I'm not sure, I'm sure sum1 will know 4 sure soon! :thumbsup:

And welcome along mate! :D

Boot lid closed... still leaking!

There is a pipe on both sides if the car behind the vents leading to the light clusters, so not sure what they do!

Tone Loc

you need to talk to SuperRetard!! hell pop along soon i assume

he had the same problem and its to do with the way the cluster seals to the bodywork

close the bootlid lol

check the seals on the boot

Had this problem when I first bought my car, took it back to the Toyota garage and they replaced the seals on the rear light clusters. It's a common problem apparently. It took a while to dry up once toyota had fixed it but, if you use kitchen roll under the carpet and change it every couple of days.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links