Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Disabling DAB+?

Joerne

I've retrofitted a carplay-enabled radio in my Citroën C1. The radio comes equipped with DAB+, however the car does not. Is there a way to disable DAB+ in the radio altogether so the button no longer shows up? Maybe by installing an update meant for the DAB-less version?

In a word, NO, fitting a dab aerial can be a bit tricky as the adapters are not easily available

have a read through this thread, pages 16 and 17 may be useful

Adding DAB+ looks like a bit of a hassle. 

Continuing my question - can I somehow disable DAB+ in the radio altogether? Maybe by installing an update for the “010” model that is DAB-less?

I did answer that above, you can not run a firmware update on a unit not designed to take it there are various checks in place to prevent it, it will fail with an error code

Sorry, must’ve missed that.

Last question - there’s these DAB adapters I’ve seen online that “tap” into your current radio antenna, get supplied with 12 volts and enable DAB. Are these any good? Given of course that I get the appropriate adapter cables hooked up to it.

I’ve attached a picture of one of them.

IMG_0134.webp

TBH you could probably just get a windshield DAB antenna and run the wire along the headlining, down an A-pillar and through the dash and into the radio; It'd be about as difficult as running front Dashcam wiring (Which is to say not very difficult, although fiddly. flash22 can probably post instructions on how to get the appropriate bits of the dash out - Was very helpful to me when I was running Dashcam wiring in my Mk4!)

DAB aerial no issue, it's the adapter, it's used by pioneer on oem products and not that easy to find unless you get it from China, you can get a GPS adapter and trim the connector to fit

SMA is threaded

SMB is press fit

DAB is very picky with antennas, YMMV

Blue is type C in the diagram

1735616462_HRSgt51S.thumb.jpg.26aacc4bb4e11b2c5df4cc85bb9038d9.jpg1795283315_HRSGT5PCB.thumb.jpg.d8bca818f10c323d308ae76c5300f132.jpg

to get a standard plug to fit the blue socket, you just trim the top left guide (looking at the connector face on)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links