Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Fuel Filter Housing replacement?

MrSmith

Hi all,

My 2018 Toyota Aygo is due for it's 5th annual 75000 km service. I'm not a heavy driver and there's only 51 000 kms on the clock.

In the generic 75 000 km service quote, it lists the replacement of the fuel filter housing, a relatively expensive part. My question is, is this necessary for an annually serviced (at the dealership) vehicle in good condition with only 51 000kms on the clock? I am not experiencing any issues that would indicate an issue with the fuel filter such as rough idling, slow acceleration or backfiring. I'm not really experiencing any issues with the vehicle at all to be honest and I thought a minor service would be sufficient.

What are your thoughts?

Yes it is a good idea Toyota carry out the service schedule in line with its Warrenty etc. It doesn't matter if you only do 100 miles a year they will still do the required service oli change etc etc. Yes it does seem sometimes that keeping a low milage on the car should mean that less needs doing on service but it is not the case with most main dealers.

Some parts are expensive but better to have the car serviced and parts replaced as it will save you a lot of hassle and a loss less money in the long run and secures you under the warrenty. Hope this helps👍

• Like 1

The Aygo does not use a fuel filter housing (it only has an in tank filter)

your quote is on a universal template that covers a wide range of Toyota's

you only have a fuel filter housing on a diesel, the last time the Aygo had a diesel was 2009

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

I'm not really experiencing any issues with the vehicle at all to be honest and I thought a minor service would be sufficient.

Service schedules In Europe are 12 months/15,000km, whichever occurs first. Presume the same where you are.

As regards the time based service schedule, years 1, 3, 5, etc are Intermediate services (minor), and years 2, 4, 6, etc are Full services (major).

So if yours is due the 5 year service based on the time based schedule, it will be an Intermediate service.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The Aygo does not use a fuel filter housing (it only has an in tank filter)

your quote is on a universal template that covers a wide range of Toyota's

you only have a fuel filter housing on a diesel, the last time the Aygo had a diesel was 2009

No wonder I couldn't find the part online for the mk2. This is why I dislike these universal templates and I immediately raised an eyebrow. On the 'quote' it is listed as "Fuel Filter Housing (Petrol)" and it costs more than the rest of the service combined (the standard stuff like Engine Oil, Air Refiner Filter, Gasket Sump Plug etc.).

When I called the dealership to inquire, they said that it was recommended and when I asked whether there would be any symptoms that I could identify beforehand, they said no and that the car would just stop altogether. Again, I raised an eyebrow.

13 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Service schedules In Europe are 12 months/15,000km, whichever occurs first. Presume the same where you are.

As regards the time based service schedule, years 1, 3, 5, etc are Intermediate services (minor), and years 2, 4, 6, etc are Full services (major).

So if yours is due the 5 year service based on the time based schedule, it will be an Intermediate service.

Yes, we have exactly the same 12 month/15 000km intervals. This helps a lot, thank you👍.

I usually have no issues with servicing my Aygo, but with such an expensive part, I'd like them to at least take a look at my current part and its condition before telling me it needs to be replaced via a generic template quote.

I only have the yaris service sheets, but i will have a look at them

In tank fuel filter Replace at 180,000 km or 15 years (Aygo)

Charcoal canister filter is inspected every 24 months, replace at 90,000 km (Aygo)

Honestly, i don't know what they're on about - Ask them for a part number, as i do not see it on the service sheets

• Like 1

You sure it's not 'Oil filter housing'? Not that the Aygo should need replacing the oil filter housing either.

I've never heard of a replaceable fuel filter housing, even on my old diesel! 

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

You sure it's not 'Oil filter housing'? Not that the Aygo should need replacing the oil filter housing either.

I've never heard of a replaceable fuel filter housing, even on my old diesel! 

I drew a blank, op says it as expensive as the service, modern diesels use an all-in-one fuel and housing but the Mk2 Aygo only come in petrol

oil filter housing is not a service item unless the car has been in for an oil leak (standard spin on filter)

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies everyone. I ended up having the service done and instructed them not to replace the "fuel filter". That was the last I heard of it, a standard service was carried out and everything was inspected and in good order (luckily!). The cost was more or less in line with my previous service costs.

Honestly, I suspect the 'quote' was just a template for all Toyota South Africa vehicles as @flash22mentioned, probably used as a rough cost estimate for customers before servicing. Still, I'm curious as to what they would have done, if I had instructed them to go ahead and replace the "fuel filter"...maybe the tank fuel filter? Not sure.

• Like 2

Did/Can you ask them for a part number? I'm really curious as to what it is!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links