Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X 2022 exclusive

AlanSmith

I Bought an Argo X Exclusive in Aug 2022,  about a week later I took it for a good run into the Yorkshire Dales through Wharfedale over into Hawes. Leaving Hawes going toward Ribblehead I lost satnav cloud signal, this did not come back properly till next day at home.

It is now Spring 2023, It seemed to work until a few weeks ago when the safety camera stopped working also no road speed sign on the nav screen bottom right hand side. I reset the sat nav and camera /road speed came back.

I decided to take the car in to check all of these problems. The agent told me it needed an update so booked car in. a few days later there was a message to down load cloud update in my car. I had tried before to update cloud navigation but it said it was upto date. I did the download and ran the car all seems ok so cancelled agent.

24th May 2023  went back to wharfedale and Hawes into Swaledale,  cloud works in the market towns and bigger villages but not up on the tops. On the way back home  via Masham Otley Bradford Halifax I put a post code into satnav which worked fine all the way home I noticed that in places navigation lost cloud ( little red X in cloud embalm  ) But guidance Nav worked fine. ( I know my way home just wanted to see what happened to cloud /and satnav system )   

My conclusion to this system is some what disgusted with Toyota putting a half baked half working, not thought out system in there cars. It would seem they have gone for the cheap option, Lets be honest If you install a system in car you need it to work fully, If you are relying on it to work via a phone signal to make it work then surly common-sense should tell you there will always be places in Great Britain the phone network does not work, so no phone network no cloud.

My wife's Honda Jazz Gamin system is great works via satellites  No cloud needed.

PS  In a couple of years time no doubt Toyota will get in touch to say I have to Pay for cloud system updates. 

Please let me know w what you think of blog

Al 

1 hour ago, AlanSmith said:

Please let me know w what you think of blog

Not a blog - you've started a new topic on a forum which is independent of Toyota.

Have you actually let Toyota know of the issues?

Topic moved from the Yaris/Yaris Cross forum to the Ayvo/Aygo X forum.

The system is designed to be used with a smartphone with an internet connection you can use maps by using apps like TomTom and google with offline maps for navigation if so desired this acts as a standalone sat nav

it still uses GPS for your location, tracking and routing

TBH it's not the system, it's the way you use it, and it's one of the better system in its segment, the Yaris/cross is in the same segment as the jazz so not a fair comparison

• Like 1

A system that uses a mobile data connection can obtain totally different information than a system that is only connected by satellite. 

It's ok to say the Honda system has less flaws..

But one could also say the toyota system has more possibilities. 

As for traffic information, by the way, there is an fm or dab based system versus one that uses a data 'mobile phone line' connection. Again, the mobile data system is capable of retrieving other and more information.

In general, I agree with you that many additional driving systems in toyota cars are certainly not over engineered and thrown into production cars too fast.. with often a very poor result. For a brand like toyota,  that often is a disgrace. 

Cloud services will cost money in future but in my country, the price has not been decided.

Forgot to add : don't forget the data connection is necessary to allow the Ecall system to call emergency services in case of an accident.

Since this is an obligatory system in new cars in EU,  you won't find any without data connection soon.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links