Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Insurance

Bper

Has anyone tried the toyota car insurance if so how to they compare with other insurance companies and are they competitive with the rest of the market?.

Yes.

When I tried to transfer my insurance to my new Yaris with Saga I couldn’t do it online, the site didn’t recognise my new registration so I called them.

To my surprise, having done some research when I ordered the car, the underwriter wouldn’t accept a transfer but wanted a ‘new’ policy at almost double my previous premium.

I looked at other insurers and tried a couple of comparison sites but all the well known brands were also a significant increase.

Having used a three day drive home policy from Toyota I approached them for a quote which, although somewhat more than I was paying for my Mk 3 was very competitive so that’s who I went with.

Speaking at handover with one of the dealer admin people gave me the impression that a number of them were using Toyota.

• Like 1

I've used them a few times; Usually they are hilariously high, like double the going rate, but occasionally they undercut everyone significantly. No rhyme or reason; I think I joked in another thread they have their algorithm backwards :laugh: 

Their main draw is they guarantee the use of Toyota-everything for repair, but other than that are fairly standard, nothing outstanding like eSure's unlimited NCB claims or guaranteed courtesy car.

Not logged a claim with them so don't know how they are for that, but the one experience I have had dealing with them for a windscreen repair was below expectations, with long wait times on the phone and consistently had to chase them rather than getting e-mail or callbacks. Although TBH my experiences generally with Toyota have been like that so at least they're consistent!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Cyker said:

I've used them a few times; Usually they are hilariously high, like double the going rate, but occasionally they undercut everyone significantly. No rhyme or reason; I think I joked in another thread they have their algorithm backwards :laugh: 

Their main draw is they guarantee the use of Toyota-everything for repair, but other than that are fairly standard, nothing outstanding like eSure's unlimited NCB claims or guaranteed courtesy car.

Not logged a claim with them so don't know how they are for that, but the one experience I have had dealing with them for a windscreen repair was below expectations, with long wait times on the phone and consistently had to chase them rather than getting e-mail or callbacks. Although TBH my experiences generally with Toyota have been like that so at least they're consistent!

I have had the chance to read many reviews on Toyota insurance and to be honest it really is disappointing. There seems to be many issues with this service which I am suprised considering Toyotas reputation for reliable. Why would Toyota put their name to something that should really could be a leader in the market but will damage the brand if it doesn't redress the issues people are and have had with its insurance.😭

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links