Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Potholes a Good Thing?!

Bper

Villagers were left furious when a police officer claimed leaving potholes in the road is considered one of the most effective ways to slow speeding traffic.

During a meeting in the small village of Pentlow, near Sudbury in Essex, officers expressed their support said there are advantages of having potholes present – leaving villagers stunned.

'It was extraordinary,' one local said. 'The official police advice apparently is that potholes are a good thing, so leave craters in the road because they slow down drivers.

'We were also advised to park our cars to form a chicane like you get on race-tracks as another way of reducing traffic.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I understand the need for slowing down traffic, but why should I damage my car because of potholes in the road, especially when I drive at (or slightly below) the posted speed limit. I pay my fair share of road tax and see no improvement in the road conditions.

I like to think I am a reasonable, courteous driver who sticks to the speed limit I don't race through villages, so why should my car be damaged by driving over potholes which have been left in order to slow down speeding idiots.

• Like 1

You know what else would slow down traffic? A pile-up caused by illegal joyriders! So by that logic, lets encourage joyriding nationwide! :yahoo:  :wallbash:

Honestly, people like that should be retrained or fired - They are clearly not fit for their post. The problem is people like this seem to increasingly be getting into positions of power!

I wonder if they'd have the same view if their kid was injured hitting one of those potholes while out cycling, then the ambulance that took them to the hospital hit one of the potholes too and caused further spinal injuries.

• Like 3

Too true. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links