Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 MY Yaris update

dave hendy

7 hours ago, Oni said:

However, I believe an average value is required in countries where taxes are due according to a specific value.

Well, even with max emission value the 116hp version goes under 100g limit, where the 130hp in no way would achieve that even if the avg is taken as the lowest achieved is barely under the threshold. If I understood that correctly. 

BTW it is really weird that you can't have top spec Yaris in UK. It was possible in Poland with 2020 version, Premiere Edition trim. It had everything apart from the pano roof (it was not available then). In 2021 they removed the Qi charger. In 2022 they added optional panoramic roof but you still could add everything else to the top spec trim (Selection Style which was duo tone or Executive with a single colour but light interior). They introduced the GR Sport trim which was basically Selection Style with 18" wheels, GR logos everywhere and few minor changes. 

And now for 2024 there is Premiere Edition trim once more with absolutely everything onboard. Pano roof, hud, qi charger, jbl audio etc. 

• Like 2

When will the new 2024 Yaris hatch be in the showrooms I’ve got a rotten cold so can’t get to dealer at the moment 

7 hours ago, Countryside said:

When will the new 2024 Yaris hatch be in the showrooms I’ve got a rotten cold so can’t get to dealer at the moment 

I doubt you'll see a 2024 build Yaris in any showroom until at least halfway through March BIMBW...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Countryside said:

You could still use the phone. Its what we used to do and still works.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, skidlid said:

You could still use the phone. Its what we used to do and still works.

Lol 😂 I’ve been to showroom this morning I’m on motability and the Yaris cross being high up is easier for me to get in I like the look of the Yaris cross icon in metallic silver goes well with the silver 16 inch alloys anyone on her got the icon cross ? 

That is what going to see an actual car does, it shows far more clearly what is best for you, web forums can never do that.

It is indeed Paul 👍

Free coffee and biscuits too 

• Haha 2

I’m watching this post to see when the UK specs are released.  Mazda have unveiled the new MY24 Mazda2 Hybrid and the UK spec doesn’t have heated seats but they are standard / option on the same car for the European markets.  Top spec UK car (Homura Plus) has 12.3” customisable driver display, 10.5” infotainment screen including mapping, HUD, pan roof plus a few other bits and, finally, LED internal lights but probably still none in the back of the car.  There is no sign of heated seats.  I expect the top spec UK Yaris will follow the same equipment path as the Mazda2.

35 minutes ago, Habu said:

I’m watching this post to see when the UK specs are released.  Mazda have unveiled the new MY24 Mazda2 Hybrid and the UK spec doesn’t have heated seats but they are standard / option on the same car for the European markets.  Top spec UK car (Homura Plus) has 12.3” customisable driver display, 10.5” infotainment screen including mapping, HUD, pan roof plus a few other bits and, finally, LED internal lights but probably still none in the back of the car.  There is no sign of heated seats.  I expect the top spec UK Yaris will follow the same equipment path as the Mazda2.

Interesting... we'll have to wait and see what transpires... As long as my new Premiere has the HUD, I'm a happy bunny. A Panoramic roof would be a plus...

Mazda 2 is probably not a reliable indicator. 

Carwow has the premier yaris and that lists HUD and JBL, no mention of heated seats or panaramic roof. 

Toyota media UK and main website have mixed pictures which are mix off EU publicity shots and show heated seats buttons but I doubt Toyota GB will have specified. My missus will be pleased if they are there but I doubt it. 

• Like 1

Just to add, UK spec is bitone paint, which would not be the case if a panaramic roof was in place. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, trashman1965 said:

Just to add, UK spec is bitone paint, which would not be the case if a panaramic roof was in place. 

Good point...

46 minutes ago, trashman1965 said:

UK spec is bitone paint, which would not be the case if a panaramic roof was in place. 

But there are EU versions with both bitone and panoramic roof 🤔

So it's not a technical limitation.

• Like 1

Can't speak to EU but certainly bitone and panaramic roof are mutually exclusive on corolla in UK and not option that can be chosen on Carwow either for yaris. Plus dealer made no mention when we placed our yaris premier order last week. 

Guessing you saw this from @Devon Aygo

UK Specs where finalised to dealers today

On sale and order books open December, Website updated & Production starts January, Dealer demos February & Customer deliveries from March.

4 Trims levels as per current line up of Icon, Design, GR Sport & Excel plus for limited launch period Premier Edition.

Icon gains:

Halogen front fog lights
Rear power windows
OTA software updates
9" Touch 3 multimedia with Android auto & Apple car play
Auto wipers
Leather gear shift knob  Steering wheel

Design gains:

Optional Safety pack

OTA software updates

9" Touch 3 multimedia with Android auto & Apple car play

7" Customisable digital combi meter

New design 16" machine faced alloy wheel 

GR Sport gains:

130 BHP Engine

12.3 Customisable digital combi meter

10.5 HD Toyota Touch 3 with wireless Apple car play & Android auto
GR Sport Suede seat fabric
Optional Bi Tone paint
Optional Safety pack 

Excel gains:

Black partial Leather seat, dark interior replacing light Grey interior

Wiireless Phone charger

Safety pack

Optional Panoramic roof

Premier edition

130bhp Engine

Heads up display

Digital smart key
Safety pack
JBL Audio

Standard in Bi tone Neptune blue ( exclusive to Premier ED ) Optional Pearl white bi tone or Silver Metallic bi tone 

Safety pack adds:

Blind spot monitor

Safe exit warning

Front & Rear parking sensors

Icon, Design & Excel available with 115BHP engine only

GR Sport & Premier with 130BHP engine only

Icon from £22630

Design from £23535

Excel from £26700

GR Sport from £28805

Premier Edition from £28925

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/214386-2024-my-yaris-update-details-released/?do=findComment&comment=1750253

• Like 1

My dealer showed me a picture of the new 2024 Yaris design in juniper blue metallic looked fab with the new style alloys 

• Like 1

First time poster 🙂

I ordered the Premiere last week. Managed to get my dealer to match the best CarWow price of just short of £26k.

They refused to give me more than £1k off initially so I walked out and said I would be buying from the cheapest dealer in Grimsby. They then phoned me 3 times before I'd got home to say they would match the CarWow price 😃

• Like 8

On 1/12/2024 at 3:13 PM, hind said:

But there are EU versions with both bitone and panoramic roof 🤔

So it's not a technical limitation.

Actually, Ireland's website does mention Panoramic moon roof (under "Comfort" specs):

https://www.toyota.ie/models/yaris/features-and-specs.YA.m19.18a9ac75-737e-4a2b-8fa3-d7dc9f7e957c

On the same website, you can take a look at "360 degrees" images of the interior and exterior of the Premiere Edition version (you can actually "see" the pano roof, if you choose "interior" view):

https://www.toyota.ie/models/yaris/build?path=customize/09a6531a-c3f1-4d2d-b4d3-eb45cbb35478/18a9ac75-737e-4a2b-8fa3-d7dc9f7e957c

I am looking forward to the first on-hand reviews and seeing the actual car "live"! 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oni said:

Actually, Ireland's website does mention Panoramic moon roof (under "Comfort" specs):

https://www.toyota.ie/models/yaris/features-and-specs.YA.m19.18a9ac75-737e-4a2b-8fa3-d7dc9f7e957c

On the same website, you can take a look at "360 degrees" images of the interior and exterior of the Premiere Edition version (you can actually "see" the pano roof, if you choose "interior" view):

https://www.toyota.ie/models/yaris/build?path=customize/09a6531a-c3f1-4d2d-b4d3-eb45cbb35478/18a9ac75-737e-4a2b-8fa3-d7dc9f7e957c

I am looking forward to the first on-hand reviews and seeing the actual car "live"! 🙂

UK site now has premiere configurable. Interior shots and spec clearly no panaramic roof but does have JBL and HUD. No heated seats either. 

• Like 1

Interesting...

For the Premiere Edition: (supposedly the top spec!)

It does have a "Noise reduction layer on windscreen" (as speculated elsewhere)

It does have built in Nav and smartphone wireless charging as well as wireless connectivity for AA & AC

It does have a dual-level deckboard in the boot but no spare wheel and only a tyre repair kit (disappointing)

It does have pre-wiring for a towing hook (interesting...)

It does have front and rear parking sensors (about time!)

It does not have any scuff plates of any kind for anywhere on the car and they are not even available as an option! WTF!! (the GR Sport gets scuff plates as standard)

Yet again, Toyota GB excels ('scuse the pun lol!) in obfuscation and dithering when it comes to specs and pricing! I mean, £2,200 difference (?!!) between the Excel and Premiere Edition and yet the latter does not have all available options that it is possible to have... I give up... (it seems like the bulk of the price lift on the Premiere is to do with the 130 power train)

• Like 4

Unless I am missing something somewhere, the HUD is only available on the Premiere and not even available as an option in any other grade... why??!!😡

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Also (while I am having a rant!!), how come that back in 2019-20 Toyota seemed to listen to customers' complaints and went back to putting proper spare wheel kits back in all grades instead of the cr*ppy repair kits and yet now, they seem to have sneaked those very kits back in again... 😡😡

• Like 2

Will be to do with cost and perhaps emissions. The £2200 gets bi-tone, HUD JBL and 130 powertrain. I only want hud and JBL, the normal powertrain is good enough. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Oni said:

The pano roof looks like it has a manual closing blind from both the front and back of the car and meeting in the middle.  Anyone think the same based on the pics?  It will be a stretch trying to close the front half whilst driving.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links