Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 MY Yaris update

dave hendy

Am I allowed to lift the bonnet of the new revised 2024 model when in showroom to see what Battery it has ?

6 minutes ago, Countryside said:

Am I allowed to lift the bonnet of the new revised 2024 model when in showroom to see what battery it has ?

Well, you can only ask, but it won’t help because the Battery is under the back seat 🤪

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

47 minutes ago, Graham47 said:

Well, you can only ask, but it won’t help because the battery is under the back seat 🤪

Indeed but I'm sure if the OP expresses his concerns about said Battery type, it wouldn't take a couple of secs to at least detach the trim cover to have a look (assuming there will be labelling on the side if it's a new type of Battery make)... Worth a try imo...

(The Mutlu is only labelled on the top and the seat itself obscures that)

• Like 1

Colin my local Toyota service is wonderful I know the service manager well surely he would know the Battery on the new 2024 model what do I ask him ? I’m sure the 2024 will shortly be in the showrooms ?

6 hours ago, Countryside said:

Colin my local Toyota service is wonderful I know the service manager well surely he would know the battery on the new 2024 model what do I ask him ? I’m sure the 2024 will shortly be in the showrooms ?

Well, firstly, I am pretty sure that the new cars will not be in showrooms until March at the earliest if then...

The question that I would ask would be "Given all the reported issues across the country with the Turkish supplied Mutlu 12v batteries in the previous Yaris and Yaris Cross models, do you know if Toyota have changed their suppliers to a different type of Battery for the new models?"

Many thanks Colin 

• Thanks 1

I do 8000 miles a year but just 5 miles aday on sunny days to my local country park which I suppose it’s putting charge in the Battery ! Every other week I visit Friends 50 miles away and back on motorway so that would do it good but very cold frosty weather I wouldn’t venture out !

• 2 weeks later...

The new premiere edition is on YouTube still not Keen on the blue though 

• Thanks 1

I've seen one up close, and the blue is fine by me, much more so than the red of the MY20 premiere edition.

• Like 3

I think that you always have to see colours on the metal before you can judge how they actually look on the car.

• Like 3

When will the 2024 revised Yaris be in the showrooms in the U.K. ????

It turns out the blue isn't as awful as their literature portrays - We've at least one member who has gotten their mitts on one and from their photos it doesn't look too bad!

When I asked about a test, my dealer says they are fulfilling customer orders first and aren't likely to get any display models in for a while :sad: 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Countryside said:

When will the 2024 revised Yaris be in the showrooms in the U.K. ????

There one been in my local dealership, for over a week now...in blue...nice enough colour, but I think it makes it look like a toy...not for me.

2 hours ago, Bob66 said:

There one been in my local dealership, for over a week now...in blue...nice enough colour, but I think it makes it look like a toy...not for me.

Do you mean the premier edition ? I didn’t know they were in the showrooms now that’s great news many thanks 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Countryside said:

Do you mean the premier edition ? I didn’t know they were in the showrooms now that’s great news many thanks 

Yes, the premiere edition....I actually sat in it.

When will the new Yaris hybrid be in the showrooms ?