Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 MY Yaris update

dave hendy

12 hours ago, wildtapholer said:

I won't tell what I think of Stoneacre, but each to their own.

I don't care what you think at all, in your sweeping generalising statement....The Darlington Stoneacre branch....are fantastic...very professional and friendly...but then again , they all take your money , with a smile. 🙂

• Thanks 1

I run a couple of car Facebook groups and I won’t permit any badmouthing of car dealerships because they are always personal emotive attacks and often where the attacker simply couldn’t get their own way.  Equally, a professional dealership cannot and will not respond on social media to defend themselves or discuss a customer case.  I accept there will be genuine cases but many are not.  I do encourage good feedback as everyone can benefit from that.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, anchorman said:

I run a couple of car Facebook groups and I won’t permit any badmouthing of car dealerships because they are always personal emotive attacks and often where the attacker simply couldn’t get their own way.  Equally, a professional dealership cannot and will not respond on social media to defend themselves or discuss a customer case.  I accept there will be genuine cases but many are not.  I do encourage good feedback as everyone can benefit from that.  

Totally agree Don my local Toyota dealer is fantastic let me have courtesy car for 24 hours when mine is serviced etc in the showroom service manager comes and talks and comes out to the car . Lady in showrooms gets you tea or coffee ad biscuits etc I can’t fault them 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ahh I dream of such customer service at my dealership :laugh: 

When the greeter lady is there you at least get to talk to someone, otherwise it's usually a minimum 30 minute wait before you can communicate with another human!

On the bright side the lack of people means nobody's guarding the drinks machine and biscuits :naughty: 

I do miss the old PlayStation area they used to have in the waiting areas though - It seems a bit rude to e.g. boot up Forza on the laptop whist sitting next to people in zombie mode waiting for their cars! (Not that I could run Forza on this laptop anyway! :laugh: )

• Haha 1

looked at the new 130 premiere online - a £30k Yaris, the blue is very............... bright, you can get a lot more car for £30k

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

looked at the new 130 premiere online - a £30k Yaris, the blue is very............... bright, you can get a lot more car for £30k

You can’t get many decent cars for 30k. Yes, you can get a high spec Dacia if there is such a thing but I can’t think of any pukka hybrids.  By the way, some if not all French built Yaris Cross have a JTD VIN No.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Which cars are you referring to, with similar tech and spec of the new Yaris?       

I'm genuinely intrigued and would be surprised, if you answer this?                            

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

Ahh I dream of such customer service at my dealership :laugh: 

When the greeter lady is there you at least get to talk to someone, otherwise it's usually a minimum 30 minute wait before you can communicate with another human!

On the bright side the lack of people means nobody's guarding the drinks machine and biscuits :naughty: 

I do miss the old PlayStation area they used to have in the waiting areas though - It seems a bit rude to e.g. boot up Forza on the laptop whist sitting next to people in zombie mode waiting for their cars! (Not that I could run Forza on this laptop anyway! :laugh: )

The modern way , is to not pester you...I quite like ,browsing and then looking for a salesperson.

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

Just checked,  you're right...you can get a reasonably specced, (not up to the Premiere Edition)  Yaris Cross ! 🙂

Does anyone know if the new Touch 3 Multimedia system is DAB+ compatible? Specs just mention DAB. A lot of radio stations are switching to DAB+ (if it doesn’t say it anywhere in literature, receiving Classic FM means it is, as that has switched to DAB+ only now). Thanks.

Can't get an insurance quote on the Premiere model for love nor money, despite it being listed as an option on the comparison sites.

I suspect that the comparison sites are a little ahead of the actual insurance companies in recognising the new model

Hope that changes soon as mine is scheduled to land in a couple of weeks 😲

2012 onwards touch and touch2 (gen 1, 2, and 3 are all dab+ as they are SDR (software defined radio)

£30k you are at GR pricing and mid-range Corolla money

edit Lexus lbx

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, flash22 said:

2012 onwards touch and touch2 (gen 1, 2, and 3 are all dab+ as they are SDR (software defined radio)

£30k you are at GR pricing and mid-range Corolla money

Great thanks, I was thinking DAB+ was likely but just wanted to check 👍

3 hours ago, Bob66 said:

The modern way , is to not pester you...I quite like ,browsing and then looking for a salesperson.

I agree with you about sales, but it was servicing I was talking about! :laugh: 

It should not take 30 minutes for me to speak to a service agent to give them my keys and confirm the notes on the docket (e.g. to not touch my tyre pressures, and to leave the cabin filter and fob Battery in the car and NOT fit them, among other things!)

£30k is a lot of money though, esp. for something called a Yaris! :laugh: 

I know money is worth a lot less these days, but when I think of what £30k would get you when I first passed my test, I just can't conflate the two!

It's mad that my one was 6-7k less only a few years ago, and that already felt very expensive! :eek: 

• Like 1

That is for those not aware of brokers. 

YC premiere for 30k

Screenshot_2024-03-02-20-19-50-148_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.122bd9704dc9072d81781f8f43e16b57.jpg

• Like 1

Hmm, what does it say for a normal Yaris Premiere...? :whistling1:

• Like 1

Screenshot_2024-03-02-21-21-38-039_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.8b32ae6b95fe2250e4a1153af26e8ea3.jpg

• Like 2

Gaaaah tempted agaaainnn.... :unsure:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Screenshot_2024-03-02-21-21-38-039_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.8b32ae6b95fe2250e4a1153af26e8ea3.jpg

Which is just about exactly what I'm getting mine for! Don't know why people keep saying £30k!

Just had a call from my dealer today and mine is now at the depot in Derby and ready to ship up here! 😁😁

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cyker said:

Gaaaah tempted agaaainnn.... :unsure:

Haha thing is when I make an order for the design a year ago, the excel was about 20750. The price difference from that to the premiere is not worth it, so not tempted at all 🙂

• Like 2

Anyone who ends up paying full list OTR price for a new car in today's marketplace, hasn't worked hard enough on the deal IMO...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This included £600 PCP inducement , I didn't actually use this dealer, as went more local to me...but it helped , in the negotiations.

Screenshot_20240212-153345.png

On 3/1/2024 at 10:26 AM, Countryside said:

Many thanks Bob  will look in my local dealer next week when it’s stopped raining !! 

The way it's been here this past month I'd change "when" to "if" 🙄 !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/2/2024 at 8:59 AM, Bob66 said:

It was actually in the showroom....not a demonstrator...although I didn't ask to try it.        I did look under the bonnet...dealer pointed out ..what I think was a larger electric motor.         I don't know much about the finer points of the normal Yaris, but the dealer did say that the 12v battery , is now under the backseat?

I wouldn't say "now". It's been there for ten years !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dcweather said:

I wouldn't say "now". It's been there for ten years !

That's , as to why I put a question mark...I have a Cross, and know little about said Yaris.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links