Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 MY Yaris update

dave hendy

31 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I think the Corolla will go up too as it gets the 5th gen drivetrain, but you're right it's already very close.

A lot of people have questioned my sanity for how much I paid for my Mk4 :laugh:  I think it did cost more than a based-spec Corolla at the time...! :eek: 

Top spec Yaris with hud and small car is what u wanted, who cares about what others think about the corolla. Added pearlescent paint? to push the price higher. 

15 minutes ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Didn't Corolla already increase? I thought it was already at its new 5th gen. price on the website? It shows the new dash and everything now on there. Excel spec Corolla is £35k with the 2.0L.

If the excel corolla was £35k on brokers then I would go for the lexus UX. Screenshot_2023-06-10-18-40-01-069_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.e1c3f7695b34cef6c1442b6944b444b5.jpgScreenshot_2023-06-10-18-39-50-670_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.60cc82ec0dbcf885c014c54aff20cedd.jpg

• Like 1

I do love the HUD... :wub: :laugh: 

Am missing it a lot in this courtesy car!! And the dials in this thing just make it worse - No wonder nobody follows the speed limit if this is how they have to check their speed! :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My wife doesn't like the UX. We did look at it.

Any thoughts on the seemingly cancelled order (see my other thread)? Not sure whether to be concerned or not.

• Like 1

The lexus LBX is nice I think. 

No idea on your no order, perhaps call the dealer and ask. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 6:42 PM, Mojo1010 said:

Top spec Yaris with hud and small car is what u wanted, who cares about what others think about the corolla. Added pearlescent paint? to push the price higher.

This is exactly what we did. Yaris Excel, Scarlet Flare, with HUD and Panoramic roof. Ticked all the boxes and we love the car.

• Like 4

I have cancelled my SR and will re order when it opens for new update, all the things I was not happy about on test drive, have been improved on the update.

• Like 3

On 6/20/2023 at 8:30 AM, MaDProFF said:

I have cancelled my SR and will re order when it opens for new update, all the things I was not happy about on test drive, have been improved on the update.

SR??? What has been changed?

On 6/21/2023 at 1:59 PM, YarisHybrid2016 said:

SR??? What has been changed?

Sorry my Bad,,, GR, but I guess most worked that out for themselves 🙂

• Like 1

On 6/5/2023 at 8:50 PM, Cyker said:

Yeah, it's the thing that puts me off them the most. The funny thing is it's a cost saving measure as it cuts down the wiring loom significantly, making assembly much easier, but people think it's premium so they get away with charging more!

We should not forget that Tesla model y is best selling car in first Quater of 2023, better then corolla. So people obviously love that screen 🙂

Regarding price hikes, I just watched a review of the Camry that was apparently before it's most recent facelift. The video was like 2 years old. He was showing the Toyota website at that time and the Camry of that time was like 8000 € less than the same lowest trim was when I checked right now. Given, those were pretty crucial years for price hikes in general, but I guess its safe to assume the new Yaris wont at least any cheaper than the current ones 😄

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2023 at 6:56 PM, nasamorpheus said:

We should not forget that Tesla model y is best selling car in first Quater of 2023, better then corolla. So people obviously love that screen 🙂

I own a Tesla Mp3 for nearly 4 years now, and I do not love that screen tbh, it is a bit of a pain to use, I have to press twice far too often, it is more the case you put up with it. Also Tesla love to move things around on it too, so you have to learn all over again where things are.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I don't think people buy Teslas because they like the screen, especially in the Model 3 and Y where the screen is also the dash - Given Toyota moved the centre dash in the Mk1 and Mk2 Yaris back behind the wheel, presumably due to customer pressure, I can't imagine that many people like that positioning in the Tesla, more they just put up with it because they don't have a choice. In fact, MaDProFF's gripe about the interface changing randomly when the OTA updates install is one I've heard often, and it makes that already-difficult task of muscle-memory-ing the controls on a touch-screen a practical impossibility.

I think most people who buy Teslas do so because the Tesla charging network is unrivalled - The charging network is one of the biggest complaints of most EV owners, but if you have a Tesla you don't have that problem as they did it right from the get-go.

They are the only people who've kept up the maintenance of their chargers, and they've been far more reliable than everyone elses - Theirs is the only one I never hear people complaining about car-charger connection problems or being out of order all the time or needing to install a new app to use etc.

Their charging network really is Tesla's biggest strength.

• Like 5

Touch screens are no better than messing with a phone.  The Mazda command control lets you navigate a screen at lightning speed and is superb in my opinion.  To use a touch screen you must look where your finger is pointing and those task’s distract the user.  The confounded things are a liability.  

• Like 5

Yeah, that and the BMW iDrive system are just so much better to use; More accurate, less eyes-off time, and you can muscle-memory common tasks (Tap up 2 times then left 3 times etc.) - I rarely use the screen in mine while driving unless I'm on the motorway and abusing the radar cruise and auto-steer, and even then only in 10 second blocks! (Which is the time you have before the car nags you to wiggle the wheel to tell it you really are holding it :laugh: )

I am so glad the HVAC and windscreen wiper controls have tactile physical controls in these ones - The thought of trying to adjust the temperature or fan settings on a touch screen only would put me right off!

They're great for showing off in the showroom (Look the vents angle by themselves!), but not so much on the road (Oh god Barry what did you eat to fart so badly where's the damned setting to turn the fans up and switch to fresh air is it in this menu what tree-)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Is the Cross getting these changes at the same time?

22 hours ago, dcweather said:

Is the Cross getting these changes at the same time?

Perhaps yes. 👍

Tesla have now opened up the Supercharger network to non-Tesla’s. In my experience (with a Lexus RZ) if you are happy to pay a lot more for a rapid or Ultra charger then availability is much better - costs are similar to petrol. 

• Like 1

My dealer rang week before last.   My current car will be 18 months. 17,000 miles next March. 

His offer: monthly payments remain as present.   Model will be latest model at time of delivery.  Interest payments the lower of today's or future level. 

He is coming Monday.  Be interesting to see what wizardry he can perform. 

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

My friend is due to sign up for a new Yaris Design tomorrow. I mentioned to her about the revisions coming, but she is happy with the current instrumentation and screen and the extra ‘tech’ is not important to her either. 

My concern is that she is coming from a Hyundai i10 which has both heated seats and heating steering wheel, both of which are missing on the Yaris, even on the Excel. 

She said she is happy to not have the heated seats, but I know from the past she has said how much she likes them.  Does anyone now have any idea if any of that kind of specification is changing?  I guess there would be a price increase too?

They have given her a very good deal through Car Wow, but I guess that may not be so favourable if she was to wait for the new specification?

Thanks

If you only using them on the add accasion they wont be missed.

You can compensate for them with driver/passanger seperate temp. controlls.

11 hours ago, Harters said:

My friend is due to sign up for a new Yaris Design tomorrow. I mentioned to her about the revisions coming, but she is happy with the current instrumentation and screen and the extra ‘tech’ is not important to her either. 

My concern is that she is coming from a Hyundai i10 which has both heated seats and heating steering wheel, both of which are missing on the Yaris, even on the Excel. 

She said she is happy to not have the heated seats, but I know from the past she has said how much she likes them.  Does anyone now have any idea if any of that kind of specification is changing?  I guess there would be a price increase too?

They have given her a very good deal through Car Wow, but I guess that may not be so favourable if she was to wait for the new specification?

Thanks

I cancelled my order for the current yaris, for my girlfriend, but the new specs are not available yet, should be soon, and order placement was to be in September I was told, the new model has quite a lot of changes, but my Girlfriend does like her heated steering wheel and heated seats for sure, although on a hybrid at least you can pre warm the car before you travel so the need is slightly less. It is frustrating that cars built for some countries in the EU have both. I was told by my dealer that they had a 3rd party who modified the heats to be seated, and had done a few for the dealership.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After a lot of back and forth with the dealer she has decided to wait for the newer model. 
Not sure how long it will be, but it’s too close to ignore. 
Thanks

3 hours ago, Harters said:

After a lot of back and forth with the dealer she has decided to wait for the newer model. 
Not sure how long it will be, but it’s too close to ignore. 
Thanks

I was told order books open in Sept, Delivery's for Jan / Feb

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, MaDProFF said:

I was told order books open in Sept, Delivery's for Jan / Feb

Great, thank you 

When my dealer wanted to discuss me trading my Mk4 in for a new one and continue the finance, I did say "Only if they put the HUD back and add heated seats and steering wheel" so you never know!! :laugh: 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links