Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sounds of the Sixties

Hybrid21

Just listening to Tony Blackburn sounds of the sixties and the Righteous brothers Unchained Melody.

Didn't appreciate how these guys could sing, absolutely mind blowing voices 👍

Ps just googled them and the lead singer was Bobby Hatfield who died age 63 ☹️

• Like 2

There was some good music in the sixties. Personally I was brought up on music from the 60's, 70'. and 80's. music from the 90's wasn't too bad, and I think it went downhill from there?

I remember listening to the Uptown Girl by Billy Joel with my daughter. She commented that this was better than the original by Westlife. I corrected her and told her it was originally done by Billy Joel and covered by Westlife. Introduced her to more of his music and she's hooked. SPeaking of hooked, Hooked on a feeling by Blue Swede made a huge comeback with the Guardians of the Galaxy movie and hopefully introduced a whole new generation to the wonderful world of music from the 70' and 80's 👍

• Like 2

Funnily enough the randomizer in the courtesy car took me on a weird 80's trip on the way home yesterday - mostly the Beverly Hills Cop and Transformers sound tracks :laugh: 

The likes of the Pointer Sisters and Stan Bush made some damned good tracks back then :thumbsup: 

I'd forgotten I even had such things on my USB stick! :laugh: 

There is still good music being made, but it can be hard to find in the sea of manufactured and cookie cutter garbage that continues to flood the market!

I will say things like Bandcamp have done wonders for the alternative music scene, and made it much easier for indie artists to get their stuff out without being dependent on the big music publishers. I've been going through a weird surf rock phase and have gotten a few albums from The Volcanics and the Surfrajettes from there.

• Like 3

Motown produced some of the best music ever made. So many artists from four tops, supreme's, temptations, smoky robinson to name a few. Spotify has some really good artists who's music today doesn't get the coverage it should. Every so often we spend a few hours listening to different music genre's and save to our library and play in the car.

YouTube has some great 60s,70s,80s music as well and can spend some good late Saturday nights after a few drinks just listening to great music from our era.😊

• Like 3

Brings back memories, does it not???

• Like 3

What an era of music that I grew up in! Some fabulous songs from the 60's and I have a load on my little USB stick that I play in the car. I also have a lot of music videos, but sadly, the Yaris Cross infotainment thingy does not support the MP4 format. 😒. I am having to check what I have as MP4's and then extract the audio so I can save them as MP3's onto the USB stick. Time consuming, but it gives me something to do when it is raining. Having said that, we ain't had any rain for a few weeks, oh well, can't win 'em all! :smile:

• Like 4

We were very lucky oop 'ere in the 70s.

Surrounded by RAF stations that put on headline acts on Saturday nights that the ordinary clubs and such could not afford to put on , and open to the public.

I remember seeing the Foundations at Scampton,Mud with dear old Les Gray, and many others.

Waddington too , with many chart acts of the day.

The tricky bit was keeping your balance on the ridiculous, but fashionable stack soled shoes.

A cheesecloth shirt well washed in daz showed up in ultra violet light a treat.

The Ford Anglia 105e super was my chariot of choice to attend these, and other venues.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

We were very lucky oop 'ere in the 70s.

Surrounded by RAF stations that put on headline acts on Saturday nights that the ordinary clubs and such could not afford to put on , and open to the public.

I remember seeing the Foundations at Scampton,Mud with dear old Les Gray, and many others.

Waddington too , with many chart acts of the day.

The tricky bit was keeping your balance on the ridiculous, but fashionable stack soled shoes.

A cheesecloth shirt well washed in daz showed up in ultra violet light a treat.

The Ford Anglia 105e super was my chariot of choice to attend these, and other venues.

Les Gray used to go out with one of the neighbours my sister hung around with in her youth. I think she really loved his tiger feet😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The local girls used to go to these "do's" mostly to attract a RAF lads with a pretty much guaranteed income for the next 20 years.

They weren't daft.

At the shows and discos of the time, there would be up to 20 of them all doing the "Tiger feet" dance routine,all in time with one another.

One redhead amongst them called Julie seemed to prefer long haired impoverished young bricklayers, luckily for me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

'Julie', sung about in 1970 by Bobby Sherman meets Jimmy Osmond, the 'Long Haired Lover From Liverpool' in 1972. 😁

• Like 4

I loved that song 👍

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links