Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Khan't do this and you Khan't do that.

Bper

Apparently Sadiq Khan has said that the air and pollution levels are high in London today so do not use your car unless you have to and no burning of wood or waste. Seems that he has forgotten to mention the levels of pollution on the underground.

Are climate lockdowns coming to a town near you in future?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Bper said:

Apparently Sadiq Khan has said that the air and pollution levels are high in London today so do not use your car unless you have to and no burning of wood or waste. Seems that he has forgotten to mention the levels of pollution on the underground.

Are climate lockdowns coming to a town near you in future?

Mr Sadiq khan is on a mission to bleed you dry of any wealth, social life and hobbies, I personally stay well clear of london

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 2toyos said:

Mr Sadiq khan is on a mission to bleed you dry of any wealth, social life and hobbies, I personally stay well clear of london

Couldn't agree more Mathew👍

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 2toyos said:

I personally stay well clear of london

As I have said before, the best train at Paddington station is the one leaving London.

I too try and avoid London. That's one thing I khan do.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Big_D said:

As I have said before, the best train at Paddington station is the one leaving London.

I too try and avoid London. That's one thing I khan do.

Like I always say, what's the best thing to have ever come out of Yorkshire?

The M62!

Badumtish, I'm ere all week.

• Haha 2

The moderate and high daily thresholds are based on Defra’s national Daily Air Quality Index (DAQI). These thresholds are nearly two and a half times higher than the World Health Organization (WHO) recommended limits for exposure and represent especially acute exceedances which can have immediate health impacts for individuals with pre-existing conditions such as asthma or Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) .

So over a few days of bad air quality the Mayor asks people to not burn stuff in their back garden and use their vehicle less, to help protect their fellow Londoners who suffer from conditions that make them vulnerable to pollution.

That's hardly an unreasonable ask, its just common sense.

20 minutes ago, AJones said:

So over a few days of bad air quality the Mayor asks people to not burn stuff in their back garden and use their vehicle less, to help protect their fellow Londoners who suffer from conditions that make them vulnerable to pollution.

That's hardly an unreasonable ask, its just common sense.

Do you have the statistics, I'm interested, also don't the buses contribute to most of the air pollution??? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 2toyos said:

Do you have the statistics, I'm interested

Those pollution limits were drawn up by the World Health Organization and DEFRA, I trust their experts know what they're talking about and have the data when setting them.

Do you think they're wrong? 

6 minutes ago, AJones said:

Those pollution limits were drawn up by the World Health Organization and DEFRA, I trust their experts know what they're talking about and have the data when setting them.

Really, they just give the pollution levels or what's causing it, because I'm not being funny if it's public transport etc etc and normal people are suffering because of you weak woke people then that's not fair, how many people die a year because of pollution??? I don't see people collapsing in the street do you?? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AJones said:

London isn't even the worst in the UK 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 profiteering of you wokeness 🤣🤣🤣 Northampton where I live is the worse, I didn't get told I wasn't allow a BBQ, jog on fun police

• Like 1

So this ULEZ and congestion charge thing is working a treat? :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, 2toyos said:

Really, they just give the pollution levels or what's causing it, because I'm not being funny if it's public transport etc etc and normal people are suffering because of you weak woke people then that's not fair, how many people die a year because of pollution??? I don't see people collapsing in the street do you?? 

A simple google would show you that YES, living near a busy road DOES cause respiratory problems.

This is nothing to do with being "woke".  I fail to see why not wanting our kids to die of issues that we could solve is somehow "soft".

https://www.atsjournals.org/doi/full/10.1164/rccm.200403-281OC

https://studyfinds.org/air-pollution-living-near-busy-road-early-death/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-44612642

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yugguy1970 said:

A simple google would show you that YES, living near a busy road DOES cause respiratory problems.

This is nothing to do with being "woke".  I fail to see why not wanting our kids to die of issues that we could solve is somehow "soft".

https://www.atsjournals.org/doi/full/10.1164/rccm.200403-281OC

https://studyfinds.org/air-pollution-living-near-busy-road-early-death/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-44612642

You just quoted the BBC 🤣🤣🤣 estimated 4000 people, estimated isn't a definitive answer, they are guessing, about half die to household pollution, so you know you have a problem, or know there is a problem in a city you live, where there are mass amounts of manufacturing, cement works, quarries, construction, diesel engines that where recommended by the government, you really think Mr and Ms Smith's BBQ is really going to make that difference, if you was intelligent, you'd move, isn't this low pollution scheme working then, bet it's turning a nice profit though 

• Like 1

The ULEZ is nothing to do with pollution - It's been shown even the first expansion had a minimal effect for the expense and disruption it caused.

This is all about money.

Even now, they're countering the argument that the expansion expansion will hit the poorest the worst, by claiming that 9/10 cars are already ULEZ compliant. So the millions of quid that they could be using to improve public transport, is instead going to be used fighting councils and people that don't want the expansion expansion and installing cameras and monitoring equipment, is just to target this supposed 1/10 vehicles? And how much difference will that make?

None of their arguments make sense.

They're just too cowardly to admit it's just about screwing as much money out of us as possible.

The level of greed is so high that my prediction of, when the majority are driving EVs and hybrids, then we'd be hit with per-mile charging, turned out to be wrong: He's such a money grubbing scumbag that he's not even waiting for that to happen and is already planning to roll out per-mile charging as soon as the ULEZ expansion expansion is complete!

And I'll bet he'll continue to use the oooh pollution think of the children! line despite us all driving compliant vehicles. And through all of this he still hasn't done anything about the ancient diesel busses and taxies *still* driving around, nor the horrific amount of particulates in the Tube, which is orders of magnitude worse than anything on even the worse roads.

It's just a thinly veiled pretext to screw more money out of us, and what's worse is people actually believe the rhetoric. The thing is, he can continue to use the oooh pollution! think of the children! line because *nothing* he's doing is having any significant effect on reducing the pollution; If anything, their actions have made it *worse* by concentrating it and increasing it due to cars being forced down fewer roads, creating epic traffic jams!!

I just don't understand how they can get away with this, but apparently the mayor is such a powerful position even central government can't stop him from doing what he likes. It feels like this is a dictatorship more than a democracy sometimes!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, 2toyos said:

You just quoted the BBC 🤣🤣🤣 estimated 4000 people, estimated isn't a definitive answer, they are guessing, about half die to household pollution, so you know you have a problem, or know there is a problem in a city you live, where there are mass amounts of manufacturing, cement works, quarries, construction, diesel engines that where recommended by the government, you really think Mr and Ms Smith's BBQ is really going to make that difference, if you was intelligence, you'd move, isn't this low pollution scheme working then, bet it's turning a nice profit though 

And I quoted reputable scientific journals specifically looking at.... "Traffic-related Air Pollution near Busy Roads"

"Although pollutant concentrations were relatively low, we observed differences in concentrations between schools nearby versus those more distant (or upwind) from major roads. Using a two-stage multiple-logistic regression model, we found associations between respiratory symptoms and traffic-related pollutants"

The fact that you laugh at the BBC means we may not have any common ground for discussion, as of course BBC is MSM and part of the Great Reset and they don't want you to know and we are all sheeple and it's all the fault of the Illuminati.  

So I'll bow out of this thread.

• Like 1

Both sides of the argument on climate change and pollution levels will always have these devisive opinions and it is completely understandable, considering the political parties on both sides refuse to either debate or allow  scientists on both sides to present the true evidence to us in TV debates so we can decide what is true or not.

The MSM only gives us what the government wants us to hear so it's understandable that the public believe that this is the truth and the only way the other side of the climate change argument can get any airtime is on the alternative media.

If the political parties have irrefutable proof that climate change and pollution levels are caused by all the reasons they tell us then what's the problem? However, in not doing so it can only lead  to a conclusion that what they are saying is not true.

We have all been lied to by politicians for so long now that the majority of the public have lost all faith in what they tell us. Everything from climate change, migration, lockdown, cost of living etc., has just been one continuous lie and the only truth that we can see is that it is us that are being fleeced and controlled by agenda's that they do not wish us to know about.

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts". (Abraham Lincoln).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links