Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aother Accident

mrrandom

Uhoh......yesterday i was drivin through town, jsut came through traffic lights when some :censor: decided to brake and turn at last minute, i slid straight into the back of her, bent her rear bumper, slight dent in the boot door, and the entire floor of her spare wheel well is pushed up, next it'll prob be a "personal injury" claim. one thing tho, the doll i hit was mighty fine! lol.

Now, my car, the damage is as folows:

new bonnet needed, possibly new grill and emblim,

new impact bar

new holder for the bonnet to stay down

weld the clips on the lights back together

and we shall be finished

got an estimate of £400 to fix it....

:angry:

i plead to fellow yaris drivers, drive more carefully, dont drive jus for yourself, drive for other drivers.

:eek::crybaby:

oh yeh, he did! :ph34r: poor chappie!! me mate crashed his micra on the day afta he passed his test, reversed outa drive and swung it round, accelerated faster away than usually and didnt hav enuff time to turn and smacked into his mams car!!

....summit good came outa it tho! he got a yaris blue as a courtesy car! haha! he said yaris's are class!

well thats your insurance fked. you shouldnt blame her. if you wernt driving so close you wouldnt of hit her. its as easy as that.

na, nt guna put it thr insurance, dads guna lend me da money.

and u werent ther so u wudnt no da situation, it was unavoidable, hit her at about 5mph.

she just seemed to stop

If theres one hard and fast rule of insurance its the rear end collision. It will always be your fault if you hit someone, no matter what they did!

The only way round is if their lights wernt working properly.

Good job you aint going through the insurance as it will definately be your fault, your in a no win situation so your best off sorting it yourself.

How much is it going to cost to repair her car? sounds quite a big job if the boot floor is pushed in!? Plus the 400 for yours and your looking at a hefty bill!

Now i think about it you might be better off claiming!

long live anti lock brakes , no more sliding at all :thumbsup:

Sorry 2 hear that barry hope you are both ok, you must of been going more than 5mph mate otherwise you would have been able 2 stop

i do know what its like i smashed a brand new honda hornet, only done 150 miles on the clock......... the other week i mis judged an overtake causing a focus to run into the back of a vectra. the guy in the vectra wanted to ***** me. but as the police and the focus driver agreed it was his fault......... poor TT, god bless esp.

If theres one hard and fast rule of insurance its the rear end collision. It will always be your fault if you hit someone, no matter what they did!

The only way round is if their lights wernt working properly.

Good job you aint going through the insurance as it will definately be your fault, your in a no win situation so your best off sorting it yourself.

How much is it going to cost to repair her car? sounds quite a big job if the boot floor is pushed in!? Plus the 400 for yours and your looking at a hefty bill!

Now i think about it you might be better off claiming!

Oh no!!! I agree with Plug about starting a keep the Yaris safe campaign!!

Barry I work in Motor Insurance, and as this is your fault be warned that she is well in her rights to approach her insurance or a legal company (maybe even both!) who will contact ur insurers and claim off of them, it happens a hell of a lot. Its probs best to report it to them as information only and tell them u wish to settle privately with the other driver..that way if they do get a claim in they can redirect it to u..

If you hit her at 5mph you wouldn’t have caused all the damage you have stated in the first thread, “bent rear bumper, dent in the boot door, and the entire floor of her spare wheel well is pushed up”

Bumpers are designed to absorb low speed impacts with little to no damage, but to buckle the floor space as you have stated shows the forces would be considerably higher.

Depending on the age of the car, it could be a right off?!

Passed your test on Thursday and 4 days later you drive into the back of someone! Reason? Too Fast Too Close, it’s as simple as that.

Sorry Barry, I have no sympathy for you.

If you had hit someone like me, I’d sting you for every penny! Personal injury, loss of earnings post traumatic stress repair to car, courtesy vehicle the list goes on.

The thing that annoys me the most while driving is drivers driving too close too fast behind me (as you can possibly tell)

*waits for the back lash... :eek:

Passed your test on Thursday and 4 days later you drive into the back of someone! Reason? Too fast too close, it’s as simple as that. Sorry Barry, I have no sympathy for you.

Neither have I, and another reason, in-experience! Hope u have learned ur lesson Barry!

Put it down to experience, Barry.

So long as you can accept that this was your fault, that you could probably have avoided it and adjust your driving accordingly, it's just one of those things to put behind you.

If you do none of the above, there's a good chance you'll crash again and next time it could be worse.

Put it down to experience, Barry.

So long as you can accept that this was your fault, that you could probably have avoided it and adjust your driving accordingly, it's just one of those things to put behind you.

If you do none of the above, there's a good chance you'll crash again and next time it could be worse.

Ditto,

I Crashed two month after my test, due to inexprience, i slipped on an icy car park striaght into a mini,

I drive like a saint now

I get very annoyed when people get so close I can just about make out the dash board of their car!!!

I do my best to keep a distance... driving too close will not get anyone anywhere... keep back and you'll find that you will be less stressed too.

I too once drove too close to someone once and luckily the van in front had a huge tow bar... wrecked the front bumper but was my fault completly. Now give that extra space.

ok let me explain this, cause it seems like u av all got da wrong impression, i hit her at about 5-10mph after trying an emergency stop, the road was soaking, and my front tires need replaced, so the front wheels slid, i went straight into the back of her, before hand traffic was moving at round 25-30. almost got stopped. but i duno.

Hmm .. if you were going only 25-30 mph and couldnt stop after an emergency brake then you must have been driving waaay too close.

I'm sorry to have said this again as i'm sure you're more than gutted about it, but it is your responsibility how close u follow a car at the end of the day. And maybe a little remorse and guilt about the issue will help alleviate some of the bad vibes you're getting from people.

Anyway .. hope you get it sorted soon, and will learn to drive sensibly.

unfortunately mate, technically speaking there isnt much you can say to shift the blame,

you are supposed to allow for every incident- if its wet, you need to be further back than if it were dry etc.

im not havin a go as weve all been there, hope you learn from it...

;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links