Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aother Accident

mrrandom

remember the rule! tyres and tarmac!

you should be able to see the car in fronts tyres under the bumper and what you would jude as your line of site from the edge of the bonnet to the car again at least 12inches

this ensures you are at least 1 cars length away at all times

i no im 2 blame

good lad,

as i say, most people have been there, wouldnt worry about it too much, hope it all gets sorted with minimal grief! :thumbsup:

Some people are being a bit harsh here aren't they?!

Loads of people are involved in accidents not long after they pass their test. Just hope it doesn't end up costing too much, and everyone's ok. It's happened, and you'll learn from it, so might have been a good thing in the long run.

remember the rule! tyres and tarmac!

you should be able to see the car in fronts tyres under the bumper and what you would jude as your line of site from the edge of the bonnet to the car again at least 12inches

this ensures you are at least 1 cars length away at all times

Usually stick to the 2 second rule ..

I use that...

'only a fool would break the two second rule' works - haven't crashed yet (touch wood-effect desk!).

got the bill today, its rediculus, their car doesnt need a brand new emblem, boot lock, boot clamp, mudflap, wingmirror, number plates both front and back, it doesnt need a new windscreen. all of that was fine, it doesnt even need new lights and covers for them, none of that was touched! not even a scrach on them, they tryin to play me a bit! *****s. £2500 the bill comes to! **** hell. getin dad to lend me money til i try n earn it back.

!Removed! playin me

Bad one! Are you on your own insurance, or on your dad's? If it's your own, it'll still probably work out cheaper long term to pay up, but if you go through the insurance at least they'll be able to make sure they're not ripping you off.

i'm on my own name.

no way i can go thru insurance it was already £2742 for the year. cant afford it to b worse

Well ... looks like your insurance for this year is gonna be equivalent to £5242 then.

Best to go through insurance i reckon .. since they are so obviously trying to claim u for everything you've got.

Dunno if this helps but i got a Bonnet you can have for cheep :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your crash, put it down to experience, my only crash was within 2 weeks of passing :thumbsup:

i'm on my own name.

no way i can go thru insurance it was already £2742 for the year. cant afford it to b worse

Whoa! How come it's that expensive? My first car was group 11 and it cost me just over a grand.

Not every rear shunt is due to the person doing the shunting.

As said, if you hit someone from behind...your automatically blamed...toruble is.... there are people out there who buy a cheap motor...insure it...drive around waiting from someone to follow them...then slam on the brakes...if the person behind is driving safetly..and stops...they stick it in revers and reverse into you...then claim you hit them...and naturally...your at fault!! as usually, they have a convenient mate who saw the whole thing!

5-10 mph crash though can cause a great deal of damage. The front of the car is designed to fold up...to absorb the energy of an impact...the rear.....well doesn't!

so if you run into the back of someone..you will always come off worse.

But..saying that.... driving too close for the conditions...not being prepared for the unexpected...also admitting that ones tyres wern't very good.... well...!

live 'n' learn though

Vipes

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links