Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Duplicate Transponder (duplicate key)?

toyotaspammer

Is there a friendly DIY of creating a duplicate key? I've got it cut, but need a way to program the transponder. Can this done via the ignition, similar to remote locking?

I'm not 100% sure if this applies to the Mk3, but with the Mk1 and Mk2, if you could get hold of a new or correct used key module, there was a sequence you could use to add it to the ECU (Involved stomping on the brake and accelerator several times)

The other way was to get an auto-locksmith to clone the key transponder code onto a blank RFID chip and cut a key, so the car just sees them as the same key, but these don't usually support the remote central locking.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2023 at 8:37 PM, Cyker said:

I'm not 100% sure if this applies to the Mk3, but with the Mk1 and Mk2, if you could get hold of a new or correct used key module, there was a sequence you could use to add it to the ECU (Involved stomping on the brake and accelerator several times)

The other way was to get an auto-locksmith to clone the key transponder code onto a blank RFID chip and cut a key, so the car just sees them as the same key, but these don't usually support the remote central locking.

Hi there. What do you mean by 'key module'? Do you mean a working key? Which I already have. I have a spare key with a blank transponder, already cut. I just need to figure out how to make the ECU accept it...

A cheap option can you remove the elecrtonics from one key and put it in the other key.

11 hours ago, Derek.w said:

A cheap option can you remove the elecrtonics from one key and put it in the other key.

I already have a spare key cut with a blank transponder. I just need to know how to duplicate/add second key, that doesn't involve going to a dealership or paying a keycutter to duplicate.

If it's a genuine key no issue programming it, a new chip isn't blank it does have a code

i think @Cyker is a bit confused (must be the heat 😉), I take this is for the 07 Aygo

• Like 1

It is indeed too hot for me, but I think you just misunderstood me - If it's a third party key, you can copy the transponder code from an original key to the RFID chip in it with a suitable programmer - I know because I ended up getting that done with my first Mk1, after failing to get an eBay'd OEM module to code to the ECU with the accelerator/brake stamping procedure :laugh: . I did pay someone to do it tho' as I don't have such gear.

Do you know the programming procedure for the Aygo or Mk3 Yaris @flash22? as that's basically what they'e after. I only have it for the Mk1 Yaris and Corolla but I don't think it's the same for the Mk3 and Aygo.

The Aygo has the earlier setup, similar to the mk2 Yaris, the mk3 yaris gets a bit more complex

5 min's with techstream to add a new key to an Aygo if it has a spare slot (Max of 4 keys) - all keys lost is another matter

• Like 2

Perfect, thank you everyone. Techstream VDI cable bought. For anyone who stumbles across this listing, I bought mine here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/672381461.html?

Just make sure to send seller a message soon after requesting a link to the 64bit version of the software.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2023 at 1:11 PM, flash22 said:

The Aygo has the earlier setup, similar to the mk2 Yaris, the mk3 yaris gets a bit more complex

5 min's with techstream to add a new key to an Aygo if it has a spare slot (Max of 4 keys) - all keys lost is another matter

Hi there. Got it all set up, but as soon as I attempt to write a new key, it says it's reached the maximum amount... then I clear the list and it still gives me the same error... any idea?

Back out and go back in, remove key(s) you may need to cycle the key after

9 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Back out and go back in, remove key(s) you may need to cycle the key after

I've repeated the process 10+ times, and still having the same result unfortunately. I remove all keys apart from the master, then check data to see if it's full, which it is not displayed by 'N'. I attempt to add key, but says it's full...

Still experiencing the same issue. I did some testing.

1) Removed transponder (pcb only)

- It gives me ECU communication error, so I know it isn't an issue with the transponder

2) Cleared ECU of error codes

- Doesn't seem to make a difference

3) Removed the central locking pcb (transponder only)

- Doesn't seem to make a difference

Possible issues:

1) Techstream isn't actually removing the keys when clearing, despite the software saying so, which may be a possible driver/VCI issue.

2) The key that I have is not the master key (assuming it's the master key you need to perform these operations). How do you determine if the key you have is the master key?

As it's an early aygo it may require the L/K-line IIRC the Mini VCI only does can bus

you can run a cable check, Help - DLC3 Cable Check

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

As it's an early aygo it may require the L/K-line IIRC the Mini VCI only does can bus

you can run a cable check, Help - DLC3 Cable Check

You may be onto something here... and the survey says...

20230707-202705.jpg

I take it that is connected to the car, not seen a no can before with the mini vci

it may be a driver issue, what does it come up with in device manager ??

52 minutes ago, flash22 said:

I take it that is connected to the car, not seen a no can before with the mini vci

it may be a driver issue, what does it come up with in device manager ??

FDTI drivers

What does the device show as ?

Will drop you a pm shortly

• Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 10:49 AM, flash22 said:

What does the device show as ?

Will drop you a pm shortly

USB Serial Port (COM3)

Driver provider: FTDI

Driver ver: 2.6.0.0

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links