Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speaker Box

jazzyjc123

hi all dont suppose anyone has got one of the boxes that go behind the passenger seat - to tall to have one behind the driver seat - that holds a 6x9 speaker, im having the other one put in the storage box behind the drivers seat. if not anyone know where to get one for friday i looked on eBay but as usual there not there when you need em lol

thanks

you can order one from a company called D.A.P in cambridge, cambridgshire. they make a custom box that sits inside the rear floor compartment so if you have a t-bar, you can still place your glass back in behind the seat :)

thanks for the reply old banger but gonna have to put the 6x9s on hold they will not go behind my seat - being 6'4 i have to have the seat all the way back so theres not enough room on my side the Speakers are ok now i just wanted a bit more bass but not a thumpin sub so back to the drawing board

I'm 6'4" and had a 10" sub behind the seat for ages .. could only afford the passenger side when I replaced them though ..

bibbs where did you get that from mate i have some bloke coming to check my alarm etc for the insurance and he had never heard of anything like that hes the one that said i would have to put one in the little storage box behind the drivers seat

jason

jazzyjc123, have you looked into retro fitting the factory subs??? mine has two subs built in to the bow you rest the roof panels on, the subs point forwards and are totally un-invasive. They sound pretty good too!!!

My girlfriend is 6'4 when wearing heals and she still can drive it :lol:

now heres hte problem im new to the 2 so when you say retro fit the subs mine does not have them the guy who had the car before replaced the front ones and i looked at changing the rear ones but they are really small and pretty crap so where do these subs go i have seen them on eBay but was just..... well..... confused

sorry for being thick :rolleyes:

jason

I'll take a piccy of the totally standard set up when I go out later for ya :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

you want to put 6x9s behind the seats? ive done this by putting them in the standard sub boxes but pointing upwards, i can honestly say i wish i hadnt bothered and am now looking for new covers to hide the holes when i take the Speakers out, think the mr2 is best set up to have bass from behind seats and the mids and tweeters in the doors supplying the rest.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links