Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X - How many keys?

Strangely Brown

Silly question, but could anyone who has taken delivery of a new car please confirm how many keys they received with it? I ask because RAV4s were, at least until recently, only coming with one key.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I got two keys - one manual spare and a remote key

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wiz201 said:

I got two keys - one manual spare and a remote key

Thanks. How do you arm/disarm the alarm with the manual key?

Is the manual key because of parts shortages?

The Yaris Mk4's with flip-keys only came with 1 remote key because of parts shortages, but the dealer is supposed to supply a working 2nd key free of charge to the original owner.

If you only got one remote key it would be worth checking with the dealer, as they won't supply the 2nd one unless you ask.

AFAIK the only way to disarm the alarm with the dumb/manual key is to stick it in the ignition and start the car (Or maybe just turn the car on, i.e. position 2)

• Like 1

I took delivery of my Yaris Cross in April and got two remote keys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are yours flip keys or smart keys out of curiosity?

Over here, owners were being given 2 smart keys if the car was key-less (Dynamic, Excel and Launch trims at the time), but key-cars (Icon and Design) only got the one remote flip-key and a manual key, with the promise to get the 2nd flip-key later.

• Like 2

I got 2 Smart Keys with my Aygo X Exclusive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm... we have an Edge on order, not keyless so it sounds like it may come with one flip/remote and one manual key.

• Like 1

Mine, Aygo X Exclusive, came with two keys both the same. Each also has a backup manual key within it.

Not quite relevant to this section but I am reminded that if ever your Battery has gone flat such that you cannot open the door, it is not unusual to find using the manual back up key difficult. It is hard to turn, if not impossible at times. This happened with me when I had a CH-R. Toyota sent the AA man who quickly sorted it. He used a pair of pliers to increase the leverage to turn the key in the lock. He said it was a common problem with electric and hybrid cars for the Battery to drain if the car has been left standing, but also the inability to turn the manual key in the lock - common with many cars.

15 hours ago, Strangely Brown said:

Thanks. How do you arm/disarm the alarm with the manual key?

Aygos don't come with an alarm 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Wiz201 said:

Aygos don't come with an alarm 🙂 

Well, I suppose it sort makes sense since nobody pays any attention to them anyway.

Am I correct in understanding that you have an Aygo X Edge and you have 1 folding remote control fob and 1 manual key?

• Like 1

I have an Aygo X Exclusive with 2 smart remote keys

21 hours ago, Cyker said:

Are yours flip keys or smart keys out of curiosity?

Two smart keys @Cyker

• Like 1

For the Aygo X Exclusive they are only smart keys with a manual emergency key slotted into the key itself. 

I got 2 remote identical keys on the new aygoX in January. Like the ones @Donrald describes.

It's an ENVY trim.

One year before on the aygo II I just got one remote foldable and one non remote.

Our previous Aygo bought 2009 came with two such keys, a remote and a manual. Had that car for 13 years. Grandson now drives it!

• Like 1

In Finland quite exactly one year ago I got 2 proper remotes. Now that Im waiting for my Yaris Cross and asked the dealer (cos I read about this key thing online) he said that indeed they get just one key a lot of the time due to chip shortage.

• Like 1

Yes - Don't forget to ask them for the 2nd remote key as they are supposed to supply it for free!

• Like 1

It cant be said enough.

Never just own one key. You need two.

If the only remaining key gets lost, it takes a lot of effort to get a new one. And often a lot of money too.

• Like 1

Plus when we go away my wife always takes the spare key with her, just in case.

Doing just that have us a problem. I parked up but could not lock the car. I tried everything and was about to consider calling the AA when I noticed a message on the display that the key was in the car. My wife had left her bag in the car!

On 6/26/2023 at 8:42 PM, Strangely Brown said:

Silly question, but could anyone who has taken delivery of a new car please confirm how many keys they received with it? I ask because RAV4s were, at least until recently, only coming with one key.

Thanks.

For the keyless entry model (Exclusive) we got two electronic keys. Each has a tiny key that can be used if the Battery on the fob dies.

• 1 month later...

x2 smart keys with the X-Clusiv versions is standard 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links