Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speeding Points on Licence Expert !!

152bobby

I have researched my question on line and on the DVLA website.

So my daughter has 3 speeding points on her licence for variable speeding on the motorway.

They expire tomorrow, but what I think I've read, is they expire after 3 years (tomorrow )but are not removed from her licence until 4 years !!

She has no intention of changing car insurers , so will her premium come down now that they have expired ?

Also, at what point can she NOT have to disclose these points....is it after they have been removed from the licence after 4 years ?

I'm a wee bit confused and I want to have this clarified in my head so that she doesn't get needlessly ripped off with her car insurance.

Most insurers insist on a 5 year threshold for points and accidents whether or not it is removed from license. 
btw if its a provisional or on a P plate for the first 2 years of passing test 6 points equals a revocation of the license for a year

• Like 1

I don't think it makes much difference - Case in point: My friend, my dad and my brother have had several speeding citations (Mostly for slightly exceeding 30mph through speed cameras), and their insurances are less than mine, where I haven't had a single speeding ticket since I passed my test - Make of that what you will!

The biggest factor is where you live.

BTW, if your missus has a clean license, stick her on your daughter's insurance even if she never drives the car!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 8:34 PM, Cyker said:

I don't think it makes much difference - Case in point: My friend, my dad and my brother have had several speeding citations (Mostly for slightly exceeding 30mph through speed cameras), and their insurances are less than mine, where I haven't had a single speeding ticket since I passed my test - Make of that what you will!

The biggest factor is where you live.

BTW, if your missus has a clean license, stick her on your daughter's insurance even if she never drives the car!

I agree with this but don't say your Mrs is the main driver  as the insurance comp  will do nothing but If you daughter has a bump (pray she never does )  the insurance comp will investigate an some cases won't pay out .

Reason  my sister  late daughter had an accident and the insurance comp checked out the car an she had spliced the car up  ( not any mods just made it look like a 18 years old car ) insurance guy  asked my sis where was her daughter  coming from  my sis said night club (her daughter don't drink at all ) 

So the insurance ones said that  it was not my sisters car  but her daughters but as my sister was policy holder they said she was  FRONTING  and refused to pay up fo the crash . 

So don't put your mrs as main driver /policy holder.  

Yeah I should have clarified I meant as an additional driver and not as the main driver!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links