Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coloured Engine Parts

Bper

After checking fluid levels today I have never noticed before that many of the electrical and mechanical parts are marked with yellow, mauve, and blue small colours. Is this something that Toyota do on their parts and if so what is the purpose.

• Like 1

Total guess, but could either be color grouping of system/wiring loom to aid in fault-finding? I'm assuming there are multiple looms.

• Like 1

Perhaps they're taking a leaf out of Lego's book:

image.thumb.png.0f40ead2c06af3849e94dff9c07d4f3b.png

• Haha 5

To be honest, I thought the colours on the various parts was something Toyota have always done. I expected to get responses asking 'When was the last time you looked under the bonnet,Toyota have always done this'😃

But it seems not, as this is the first Toyota we have owned and prior to that two Lexus, I never saw these colour markings before.

Despite checking the oil and fluid levels, I really have had no reason to look in the engine bay other than to wipe excess water away from under the bonnet after washing the car. Having said this by not having to look consistently under the bonnet must be seen as a really good example of Toyota's reliability.

While I was taking the photo's below I asked a neighbour who has worked on a few cars if he had seen these colour markings before and he hadn't. We went over to his VW T-Roc to have a look just in case he had them and it did which surprised him as he had not noticed these as well.

However after some investigation it seems this is to do with quality check that is done on components during the manufacturer of the car. What is also surprising is that it seems even when you work on cars how these colour markings are not noticed.

I wonder if others have not seen these as well?

Photo 1.jpg

Photo2.1- Copy.jpg

Photo3.jpg

I have noticed it on car parts as a alightment enhansment for mating parts followed by a twisting action to lock those parts.

Also used on electric cable connections when two or more connectors have the same type socket.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Derek.w said:

I have noticed it on car parts as a alightment enhansment for mating parts followed by a twisting action to lock those parts.

Also used on electric cable connections when two or more connectors have the same type socket.

Thank's Derek, if I look closely I can see colour markings all over various parts. I wonder if the manufacturer has a colour code which identifies the colours to the parts.👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links