Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X - Cancel Tyre warning

mark brunt

Once you know that a lot of things are hidden in this one tree structure, getting used to it goes faster and easier.

Difficult or easy : all in the eye of the beholder I guess. I find it rather ok.
One time at work, a software engineer asked me what could be improved about one program i found to be a pain in the but.
I said, well meant, to throw it away and start again from 0.
The guy himself found it was SO simple. Because he was working on it for a few years already and from when it was a basic Shell... and then they added 200 branches to the tree.

They could have made the choice for the AygoX to add more branches to the main system in the middle of the dash but they didn't.
I kind of understand why they split their options and didn't make the main system over difficult and so they took X functions away from it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AisinW said:

But owner must check the pressures regularly. Probably every 6 months. 

Errr... forgive me for saying so but shouldn't everyone be checking their tyres pressures - and the tyre condition - regularly anyway?

Is it really so onerous to do the most basic of checks on the things to which you entrust your life. Those four little contact patches are, quite literally, the only things preventing the car, you and your passengers becoming intimately acquainted with the scenery.

Maybe things have changed these days but I was taught to check oil and water weekly, tyre pressures at least monthly and to walk around the vehicle looking for damage since last used before the first drive of any day.

YMMV. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

TPMS is exactly what it is for.  Some people never know that tires pressures should be checked regularly. Some even don't change the oil for years until the engine sieges, they need check Maintenance lights. 

In short, all kinds or secondary reminders like Maintenance lights, TPMS, DPF regenerate lights are for the health of the car. 

I think it is too much for MOT and TÜV mandating that TPMS light causes inspection failure. Why don't they just check the tire pressures directly and tires condition instead. 

Tires bulging, feathering, scalloping are things that need hand touch not just visual like tire dry roth, tread depth, size, and age.  I found people failed inspection just because they use winter tires with different rim size and forgot the ABE printed paper that come with the rims (myself). I have to come back the next day to show that useles ABE printed copy and paid €18 fees. Tire size can be calculated by simple math, which size are compatible and give the same radius without shifting speedometer/actual speed/miles. 

• Like 2

A passive (ABS system) uses normal tyre valves ***** that are pulled into position through wheel rim.

No precise tyre pressure info in cabin for individual tyres.

A active system has a nut at the end of the tyre valve stem. 

Tyre pressure shown for each wheel in cabin if you hunt out the menu.

So you can tell what type of system you have just looking at the tyre valve attached to wheel rim.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Derek.w said:

A passive (ABS system) uses normal tyre valves ***** that are pulled into position through wheel rim.

No precise tyre pressure info in cabin for individual tyres.

So you can tell what type of system you have just looking at the tyre valve attached to wheel rim.

Yes, but it costs nothing and serve the same purpose. 1 or 2 PSI difference is nothing. Besides that, TPMS light will be on if the pressure is about 0.5 Bar below the set pressure. If we set at 2.6 bars, it will be only on if it is less than 2.1 bar. 

19 hours ago, Derek.w said:

You can also have a direct (active) system where individual tyre pressures are not shown in the cabin, and ones that reset themselves to tyre pressure adjustment (ie. don't have either a manual reset in the form of a physical button or a display option).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links