Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has the new Aygo X faces a serious competition from others

TonyHSD

The new Kia Picanto.
Really nice looking and with simple yet modern design, boxy shape that reassembles the  vw up, one of my favourite in the segment, small form factor outside with room large enough inside, bright interior and smart futures, hm Aygo x maybe in trouble. And last but not least the MPI sign on the engine cover which changes everything. I hope more manufacturers are switching back to port injection as direct injection only cars are nothing but trouble. , little benefit- huge negatives. 👍

• Like 1

The 2023 Picanto is a facelift of the existing Picanto rather than an all new car .....

• Like 1

I looked at the Picanto briefly, but in my opinion, it wouldn't have been as economical in petrol as the Aygo X due to its engine type.

• Like 1

Well, it's different, is it trying too hard to be 'edgy'. In the past the Kia and Hyundai always been bit safe styling wise, where as the bugs always had a bit of character imo. The Kia and Hyundai always had better rear, doors and space and looks like they got Aygo X beaten again. But, the interior is very dark and bland, the late Mk1s and Mk2s bugs fell into that trap, black plastic everywhere, but saved it a little with dash colour inserts and exposed door tops and the Aygo X made bit more of an effort with the interior dash layout/design for me. Good to see another small car getting a new lease of life, cos they a rare breed nowadays.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

And last but not least the MPI sign on the engine cover which changes everything

Agreed Tony, I much prefer multiport injection. In my opinion, way better for keeping those carbon deposits down on the inlet valves.

A "proper" handbrake too. Why do manufacturers still position/fit those screens as though they are an afterthought stuck on tablet p.c., rather than integrated properly?

I would consider that in personal preference to the Aygo X whether it's a "facelift" or not. Although subjective, that front end - not for me.

To me, the major advantages of the Picanto over the Aygo X are its size, especially its narrowness, its little tyres and its back seats.

It is a very good car and I once seriously considered buying one, along with an i10, but I prefer the Aygo X.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links