Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X Back-up/Reversing lights

aygowhereugo

Ok, slightly silly question...
Not having a good day today... forgot to put the handbrake on and the car rolled onto the road (fortunately, no traffic, realized it and recovered from the mistake quickly enough)

Then the person in the car parking up next to me comes over and tells me that my right reversing/back-up light is out.

Looked up the manual to see what needs to be done, and on page 285 of the manual it says :

C : Back up light (left-hand drive vehicle) / Rear fog light (righthand drive vehicle)
D : Back up light (right-hand drive vehicle) / Rear fog light (lefthand drive vehicle)

Can someone please confirm the Aygo X has got only one active back-up light?

A lot of cars have a reversing light on the nearside with the rear fog light in the corresponding position on the offside. Our Aygo and i20 are the same - so would have thought the Aygo X has the same.

Incidentally if the car had been in gear when parked it wouldn't have rolled away.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Incidentally if the car had been in gear when parked it wouldn't have rolled away.

it's been one of those days... a prior incident had me a bit shaken up... so ended up in neutral instead of gear...

• Like 1

Hi on my aygo  it just has one reverse light  why I fitted a wee spot light to mine  as I have to reverse up a pitch black lane to put my car in the garage . 

• Like 1

Why has the reverse light gone so quickly? Strange. 

I think the person who told him about it being out didn't realise some cars only have one reverse light, not two.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wiz201 said:

I think the person who told him about it being out didn't realise some cars only have one reverse light, not two.

Yeah I have one on my Aygo second-gen. 

So yes confirmed for that generation and I assume for Aygo X.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links