Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Low level seemingly random beeps

SO8

As per the title , very low beeps … I think I read about this somewhere but can’t find it.  A passenger said what are those really low volume beeps for … I don’t know I said.  They are audible but not loud.

ideas ?  A setting somewhere warning for something ?  

Speed camera warning?

• Like 1

Jon, try and describe the beeps.

For instance I have a 'burp burp burp' when the vehicle speed exceeds the cruise control speed.  Another is when I leave the lane without indicating. 

I have experienced another but whilst definitely not a camera warning it was neither speed nor lane keeping. 

We consistently get a double beep when pulling out onto the Antrim Road in Belfast at a particular junction, that we do not get at any other junction. This while driving without lane departure, cruise control or speed limiter activated.  And inside the 30mph limits.

I simply cannot "drive safe" while watching the dash for the symbol that is briefly illuminated(if that is the case)

Most perplexing, if not frustrating.

I hear low level 'beeps', (rather than 'burps'), when the lane departure warning tells me I have crossed a white line! Mind you, on most Irish roads, it is unavoidable to keep within the white lines - that is if there are any! 🙂

• Haha 1

All the beeps have discrete characteristics.   The overspeed on CC setting is a burp burp with the low frequency burp duration and interval almost the same.

Then there is a higher pitch beep beep beep.  

You need to describe each as accurately as possible. 

I have to be honest and say that it is not often I have a burp in the car.

Speed cameras or over speed setting. I changed my overspeed to 5mph and significantly reduced the 'beeps'.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies.   It is one gentle beep, not a burp.  Low and soft.

I wondered re speed cameras or over speed warnings but it would only be a few miles an hour over the limit.  I will investigate the menus.

If it is the speed or red light camera warning and you have the map visible then when you hear the beep a camera icon will appear in the bottom right of the map screen with a distance under it. The easy way to check is to drive towards a known speed/red camera location and see if the beep/icon appears at about 600-900 yds before the location.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Strangely Brown said:

If it is the speed or red light camera warning and you have the map visible then when you hear the beep a camera icon will appear in the bottom right of the map screen with a distance under it. The easy way to check is to drive towards a known speed/red camera location and see if the beep/icon appears at about 600-900 yds before the location.

I normally use Apple car play but will make a point of not ... and looking.

Try doing the same route five times and see if the beeps are always in the same place. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have found the cause.  With cruise control and lane tracking assist selected you can get frequent high pitched beep beep.  The beeps occur as the LTA bars change from full to part or nil or reverse.

It seems it is speed cameras.  How exactly I turn the sound up or off is beyond me ... 

Is it really so frequent and annoying that you cannot accept it as a useful feature?

12 hours ago, SO8 said:

It seems it is speed cameras.  How exactly I turn the sound up or off is beyond me ... 

If the issue is the speed camera warning, you can, of course, use the 'map settings' screen to turn 'show speed cameras' off - it shouldn't then alert you to information on the map screen that is no longer there! 😉

Personally, I don't find this particular alert at all 'useful' since my driving style isn't to exceed the speed limit as much as possible and then brake sharply so that the speed cameras don't catch me - but each to his/her own as they say ... 🙂

• Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 9:26 AM, philip42h said:

If the issue is the speed camera warning, you can, of course, use the 'map settings' screen to turn 'show speed cameras' off - it shouldn't then alert you to information on the map screen that is no longer there! 😉

Personally, I don't find this particular alert at all 'useful' since my driving style isn't to exceed the speed limit as much as possible and then brake sharply so that the speed cameras don't catch me - but each to his/her own as they say ... 🙂

It seems to go off when about 2mph over the limit.  I am not bothered by the presence of the cameras ... and set the adaptive cruise appropriately.   I will look to turn it off as it is not useful to my driving one bit.  I am human and drift over but am no BMW M5 driver ... those days are long gone ... which is easier on my nerves and licence. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SO8 said:

It seems to go off when about 2mph over the limit.  I am not bothered by the presence of the cameras ... and set the adaptive cruise appropriately.   I will look to turn it off as it is not useful to my driving one bit.  I am human and drift over but am no BMW M5 driver ... those days are long gone ... which is easier on my nerves and licence. 

I've reset my 'alarm' to be 5mph, which is in reality around +2mph when checked with a GPS taking into account the inherent speed display inaccuracy. It rarely goes off but if you find even that too much turn off the alarm for overspeed.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, wrx777 said:

Does anyone know what this beep could be? It's on a 2023 Rav4 Canada. It comes from the temperature control/screen area:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_Dq_bIJVbKwQ_U7wU3JHsP8wqlcHE07v/view?usp=sharing

4 or 5 continuous beeps there. Never heard that in my 2021 or 2024. 

How often, in what circumstances or context?

Anything showing on the displays and LEDs?

On 7/12/2023 at 6:28 PM, SO8 said:

As per the title , very low beeps … I think I read about this somewhere but can’t find it.  A passenger said what are those really low volume beeps for … I don’t know I said.  They are audible but not loud.

ideas ?  A setting somewhere warning for something ?  

Is it the beep that happens when you move from one speed restriction zone to another - mine does thus so for example if I leave a 30 zone entering a 40 it beeps.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nick72 said:

4 or 5 continuous beeps there. Never heard that in my 2021 or 2024. 

How often, in what circumstances or context?

Anything showing on the displays and LEDs?

It's totally random but happens almost once per trip.  No display indicators or leds.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dkp001 said:

Is it the beep that happens when you move from one speed restriction zone to another - mine does thus so for example if I leave a 30 zone entering a 40 it beeps.

Sounds like a very different beep or should I say multiple fast consecutive beeps.

However, the RSA may be implemented differently in North America. I did wonder if it recognises stop signs or other signs and makes different beeps. May be worth checking the manual.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links