Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X ABS

phillev

Hi all, I'm pretty sure that the noise I hear when first pulling away which sounds like a metallic clicking noise is something to do with the ABS/TCS calibrating itself but I've noticed on my X on some occasions I get the same noise again a little while later, no warning lights or brake issues just that same noise again and not on every journey. Car has only done 370 miles and I'm just curious as to why it should do it on the odd occasion a second time. Cheers for any input.

I've not noticed this on my Auto, but I'll be sure to be listening.

You should book it in to Toyota for investigating.

Not sure if it will work, but maybe try recording this noise on your phone ?  Then you can go to Toyota with evidence ??

7 hours ago, 152bobby said:

I've not noticed this on my Auto, but I'll be sure to be listening.

You should book it in to Toyota for investigating.

Not sure if it will work, but maybe try recording this noise on your phone ?  Then you can go to Toyota with evidence ??

Have you not noticed the noise when you first pull away from a  cold start? If you drive with music on you probably won't notice it but it's perfectly normal but mine sometimes does it again which seems a bit odd.

If they have electric brake booster like hybrids this is normal to hear noises after you have started driving. 

21 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

If they have electric brake booster like hybrids this is normal to hear noises after you have started driving. 

I understand it goes through a self test once you hit a certain speed on first pulling away but sometimes on random journeys mine does it once again, which seems a bit odd.

1 hour ago, phillev said:

I understand it goes through a self test once you hit a certain speed on first pulling away but sometimes on random journeys mine does it once again, which seems a bit odd.

It is normal because has been used for stability control plus abs and if you hit a pothole or sharp cracks, sometimes to upset the tyres constant rotation the system engages and then the pump pressurises again.
You can hear it when you have start the car and drive off immediately, when you drive over potholes, when you stop fast like in an emergency, this is how hybrids does it and if Aygo has something similar fitted now very likely to behave the same way. If anything goes wrong with the system it will trigger warning lights. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links