Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo #7

S_J_P

Well I’ve just picked up my seventh Aygo, from a Blue in 2007 through to this Aygo X Exclusive.  My how they’ve evolved over the years from a roller skate to a technology packed small car!  The only thing which is irking me at the moment is that the wireless charging keeps stopping on my ‘phone 🤨IMG_1578.thumb.jpeg.1a1b73b865831f7da52dfa2b62c3e360.jpegIMG_1580.thumb.jpeg.8a38dd4fadc5dba3ac0daf67e04990b6.jpeg 

• Like 6

Yeah, it's a bit weird how it's evolved from an affordable basic city car to a Premium City SUV, despite them holding back features previously because they didn't want it enroaching on Yaris territory, but it very much is now!

And they *still* won't put a better engine in it despite it more than stepping into Yaris territory!

They're right tho' - If it had the Mk4 Yaris drivetrain I'd likely have gotten one for its smaller footprint; The Aygo has grown upwards while the Yaris has shrunk down but grown outwards! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

Nice one, the green colour was a very close second to my choice of the blue colour. 

• Like 2

I took delivery of a cinnamon beige Aygo X last week. My wife found the Yaris (My original choice) seats too low down and the Aygo X is much easier to enter & exit. This is my 3rd Toyota and have always found them to be very reliable.

• Like 3

Nice looking car I have a red one order cant wait to see what it looks like only seen a picture of it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anthony Psaros said:

I took delivery of a cinnamon beige Aygo X last week. My wife found the Yaris (My original choice) seats too low down and the Aygo X is much easier to enter & exit. This is my 3rd Toyota and have always found them to be very reliable.

yes I love that, its much easier on my back

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Anthony Psaros said:

It's kinda sad in a way as the Yaris is being pivoted more in the direction of a Fiesta, with it's lower wider stance and comically aggressive looks! While that's improved its driveability and handling massively over the previous models, I do feel it's traded out a lot of comfort and practicality.

The original ones, esp. the Mk2, had very high seating positions for such a small car, and were so easy and comfortable to get in and out of - You just stepped into the seat rather than fell into them, like with the Mk4.

The Aygox is much more a spiritual successor to the original ones than the Mk4 - It's almost the same dimensions as a Mk2 Yaris I think!!

On 7/17/2023 at 7:30 PM, S_J_P said:

The only thing which is irking me at the moment is that the wireless charging keeps stopping on my ‘phone 🤨

Congrats on the new set of wheels.
The only thing that's currently irking me is that they have moved the Exclusive model from Insurance group 5 to Insurance group 7! My test quotes show that this will nearly double the insurance cost at next renewal. :sadwalk:

The govt's release of the new registrations figures has also been put off indefinitely due to "formatting errors" 🤦‍♂️. I was looking forward to seeing how many siblings had joined mine on the road.

I’m surprised the insurance group has increased considering the upgrades to Toyota Safety Sense on this latest model!

I switched my insurance to the new car and was pleasantly surprised that the change in premium was nil, £189 for the year.

• Like 1

My insurance went down by a few quid. Incidentally I now seem to confuse the Yaris with the Ford Puma sometimes.

• Haha 1

On 7/17/2023 at 8:30 PM, S_J_P said:

My how they’ve evolved over the years from a roller skate to a technology packed small car! 

Yes, I will keep buying an Aygo and who knows, one day I will be driving an electric roadster 😄

I now drive my 5th Aygo and it aged along with me, I appreciate to have a little more comfort now...

Congratulations, it looks fantastic! Very nice color.

For my insurance, there was a noticeable increase in price 😞 That's normal given the value of the car.

• Like 1

I'd be very surprised if the insurance group made that much difference - In my experience it makes smeg all difference; When my brother passed his test we were feeding all sorts of cars through the meerkats and I remember my Yaris D4D (9) and a 1.8 Celica (33!) being practically the same cost to insure :laugh: 

The biggest difference was when we used my address (London) vs his one (Warwickshire) - ~£1000 difference!!! :eek: 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links