Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Going to be an MOT fail

dads Taxi x3

Hi its the white connector on the light cluster  as I got all the lights working an then proceed to wiggle them and put the back where they belong an the lastnone was the white one passenger side back light .I pushed it and pop the fuse went so iv bought another to swap it . Hopefully it be it  as I'm really losing faith in this as I need it for mot next week . So stressed  

• Like 1

Can you see any sign of burnt black/blue marks across plastic insulators ie tracking across the connectors.

• Thanks 1

Failing this if no burnt marks inside base of bulb holder electric tracking across and without test kit, locate its earth wire with light cluster removed and bulds removed the with a jump lead fused of course insert a tail light bulb then with another flying wire from bulb go to all remaining contacts and see if any light up.

You should have none light up but if they do then make sure its not a second ground wire;

We are now looking for a short across the inbuilt copper strips this can happen if water has entered the light fitting & THEN TRACKED ACROSS copper stripes only insulated by a air gap between them.

• Thanks 1

Unclip the bulb holder from the cluster, one of the metal tracks has lifted and is shorted, please post a pic (close up of the tail bulb socket) they are only heat staked in place, a little bit of corrosion, and it pops the head of the stake

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325306686543?

• Thanks 1

Hi all sorry for the late reply been rushed off my feet .so the latest.  

As I said keeps poping fuses . So I got it working again.  So ok  all all the bulbs are still in there holders an the holders are out of the clips . So I started with the small headlight bulbs putting them back in to the light clip an wiggled it nope lights still working 

Then the back number plate lights put them back in the holder and wiggled the holder still working lights so  fitted them back in bumper .so went to the driver side light cluster fitted it back in to the light Then wiggled the light clip fitted it all back together  still working lights 

Then goes to the passenger light  put the light back In to the cluster fitted it then wiggled the white plug and pop goes the fuse . 

Aaahhhaaa so pulled the white plug out a bit popped two more fuses then worked again   wiggled it an popped the fuse . 

So I bought a 2 hand white light plug with wires still there .

It arrived I cut mine off an then soldiered the new one in place .

Fitted it as it did it made a loud click.

The lights still work iv wiggled the new one pulled on it and still works .

So it was the white clip that fits to the light cluster. 

An it passed its MOT today as well so well happy . All sorted  thank you for your help

Ps still not got round  to checking the back brakes yet .  Lol its next .. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well went out last night an it got dark .......... turn on the lights . And  they worked  ha ha . Now this weekend back to the backbrakes an sort that out  it's still the same with them no worse or better.  

Thank you forall your help . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dads Taxi x3 said:

Well went out last night an it got dark .......... turn on the lights . And  they worked  ha ha . Now this weekend back to the backbrakes an sort that out  it's still the same with them no worse or better.  

Thank you forall your help . 

Hi Iain,

Glad you sorted your lighting problem, you did the right thing in going for basics and checking each fitting one by one until you found the culprit. Great news that it went through the MOT, atleast now you know there's nothing major wrong with the brakes.

Up date us on how you get on.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all not got round to do the brakes yet or out in the car  just so busy . 

Thanks for all the help as I'm sure I'll need it when I get round to doing the brakes lol . 

I got to say I was really losing my mind over this problem an because I had you guys to ask an get advice  certainly helped . The plan is I got the last week of this month off so that's when I'm sure I'll have free time to have a gander an come on here with !!  what the heck!!  lol . I'm having a read of the site to see ifni can help or find out more advice . 

Cheers all 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links