Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Brake Noise... weird!

djkwuk

Hey guys,

I passed my driving test around a month ago. I then went and bought a 2011 Toyota Aygo as my first car.

Love the car, great condition, very reliable of course & cheap to run... the garage were also great and offered a reasonable price, provided full history, passed recent MOT's with no advisories etc... 

The only thing is, when I first had it, I noticed when braking at lower speed that there was a loud 'creaking' type noise coming from the brakes....

I took it to the mechanic who works for the garage I bought it from, he said everything looks fine but there were '2 rubber parts' that were missing that were probably causing the noise (nothing dangerous or bad, but better to have them on)... he ordered the part and put them on ... he couldn't see anything wrong with the car at all 

The sound greatly reduced in volume but turned into a bit more of a 'hellicopter propellor' type sound when braking at slower speeds 

I decided to take it to a different mechanic, a well known a very popular gentlemen local to me (who my mum and brother both use for their toyota's & swear by him) 

He too, could not see a single thing wrong.. the brakes function perfectly, the discs are absolutely fine, pads etc.... he gave everything a clean for good measure but said it's definitely safe & no issues

The sound is still there, quieter but still obvious... it seems to only appear after ive been driving for 20 minutes+

That's 2 seperate mechanics who have looked and found nothing wrong....   im glad its safe and its no biggie, but its still a bit embarassing! 

Any ideas?! 

Hi, 

Best if you can record the noise and take pictures of the brake discs all around. We need to see and hear it so we can eventually suggest something. 

Could be slightly warped discs causing that shimmy sound.

On hard braking do you feel any vibration in the steering wheel?

Check the windows are closed properly  .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links