Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacement Front Struts Complete

Stecha

Does Toyota or anyone else sell complete replacement front struts ?

For my late 2008 Aygo Petrol

Thanks

Hi there iv not been here long but I see the site has a deal I think with ebay  maybe checking in there . 

Why are you changing yours  does the car squeak when you go over a speed bump . Cheers 

Not sure if you can get quick struts in the UK/EU i thought it was only a US thing

most garages will swap shocks and springs over for a small fee if removed from the car

19 hours ago, Stecha said:

Does Toyota or anyone else sell complete replacement front struts ?

For my late 2008 Aygo Petrol

Thanks

autodoc are one of the biggest online suppliers of car parts in Germany, and they don't list any front shock absorbers that come with the springs already fitted for the Aygo 2005-2014.

You might be able to find a youtube video on how to fit springs to front macpherson shock absorbers, and the tools that you will need such as a spring compressor. However, the information you need is often model specific, so try to find one about an Aygo and preferably the 2005-2014 model, or one of the Peugeot/Citroen clones.

The Draper 14173 coil spring compressors are one of my favourites for doing MacPherson struts.

Front shock absorbers (for Aygo 2005-2014) (Bilstein, Sachs, KYB, Monroe, etc.)

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/shock-absorber-10221/toyota/aygo/aygo-wnb1-kgb1/18813-1-0-kgb10?fromSearch=1&supplier[0]=85&supplier[1]=32&supplier[2]=16&criteria[100][4]=VL&supplier[3]=37&criteria[100][5]=VR

Draper 14173 coil spring compressors

Draper 1x 250mm Pair of Coil Spring Compressors Professional Tool 14173 - Picture 1 of 5

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391954737030

20 hours ago, dads Taxi x3 said:

Hi there iv not been here long but I see the site has a deal I think with ebay  maybe checking in there . 

Why are you changing yours  does the car squeak when you go over a speed bump . Cheers 

Yes, checked eBay, only found some in Germany

Mine are ok, but sagging a little on my side

Not noticed a squeak

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flash22 said:

Not sure if you can get quick struts in the UK/EU i thought it was only a US thing

most garages will swap shocks and springs over for a small fee if removed from the car

Thanks. I am pretty sure, IIRC, a few years ago when I had my Corolla, Toyota dealers could supply complete replacement struts, hoping it was same for the Aygo. I have fitted / replaced struts before, a pain. I was trying to avoid having to get all the parts individually

2 hours ago, Aygolite said:

autodoc are one of the biggest online suppliers of car parts in Germany, and they don't list any front shock absorbers that come with the springs already fitted for the Aygo 2005-2014.

You might be able to find a youtube video on how to fit springs to front macpherson shock absorbers, and the tools that you will need such as a spring compressor. However, the information you need is often model specific, so try to find one about an Aygo and preferably the 2005-2014 model, or one of the Peugeot/Citroen clones.

The Draper 14173 coil spring compressors are one of my favourites for doing MacPherson struts.

Front shock absorbers (for Aygo 2005-2014) (Bilstein, Sachs, KYB, Monroe, etc.)

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/shock-absorber-10221/toyota/aygo/aygo-wnb1-kgb1/18813-1-0-kgb10?fromSearch=1&supplier[0]=85&supplier[1]=32&supplier[2]=16&criteria[100][4]=VL&supplier[3]=37&criteria[100][5]=VR

Draper 14173 coil spring compressors

Draper 1x 250mm Pair of Coil Spring Compressors Professional Tool 14173 - Picture 1 of 5

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391954737030

Thanks, have checked eBay and I already have road spring compressors

If you are happy to buy all parts from the dealer you can have a chat with them and ask to make them in whole strut assembly for you, they may charge a bit extra but then will be super easy for you to replace them afterwards. Otherwise you have to buy separately and compress the springs buy yourself. 

KYB or Bilstien shocks/springs better than oem an 2/3 of the cost of oem , but i would get the tops from the dealer

KYB shocks look to be in the £60-65 each oem are likely to be in the £120-150 range

KYB shocks 33808, 33807 - Springs RH3004, Top Mount SM1930

Around £110-120 a side

Toyota lists the shocks in parts, not a whole

Edit. i would also do the drop links and anti roll bar bushes while you're at it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok I found a vid and the bottom one don't come off so it pulls the spring down  mmm cool .reason I asked is when I go over a speed bump the left side squeaks  why I asked if yours does . Cheers 

a squeak is usually bushes, roll bar bushes and drop links are big cause, lower arm bushes can also degrade with time/mileage

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links