Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My aygo xcite

Bitch1001

Well , it’s gone to the dealer for trade in …

it was making awful noises from underneath, and when it was checked it was all basically rusted 

gutted as I loved it , but I do think it should have lasted more than 8 years old ,but wasn’t economic to repair it all 

i bought it new in 2015 , only has 32000 on it 

• Sad 3

Surely it's still under warranty?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

Surely it's still under warranty?

Only had a 5 year warranty, it’s 8 years old now 

• Like 1

Toyota cars have 10 year warranty or up to 100k miles !!....if you have had it serviced by a authorized Toyota Dealer.  I guess you haven't done that, because if you had, your Toyota dealer would have mentioned it !!

• Like 1

Toyota never done last 2 services unfortunately 

• Sad 1

Shame, once you got a whiff of any issues, you should have put it in for a service and you'd have got the 12 months warranty automatically 😭.  I can't remember if Toyota insist that it has had a Toyota service every year or just a one off service gives you the warranty.

• Like 1

I think its every year  I may be wrong though 

Yes you can take the car to any other dealer to get it serviced and have another year of warranty. However when they see it in poor condition they may refuse to work on and advise on the options. If the car was continuously serviced within the dealer network they couldn’t refuse help unless way off the warranty issues. 
I really  can’t see any savings made by going outside the dealer networks for service on cars within the age and mileage. The price difference is minimal but the benefits of stayed within the dealer can be huge if you need any warranty work. Dealer service or DIY. 👍

• Thanks 1

I totally get what you are saying, I'm probably going to stick with taking my daughter's 2014 Aygo to Toyota, unfortunately, it does hit the ten year mark next year, even though it's way below the 100k miles limit.  And it's true what you say, the cost of servicing nowadays between a Toyota Main Dealer and a independent is marginal (I'm sure some members will not agree, but I think it's a case of "you get what you pay for" and the 12 month warranty on top after the service is the icing on the cake 🍰

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Yes you can take the car to any other dealer to get it serviced and have another year of warranty. However when they see it in poor condition they may refuse to work on and advise on the options. If the car was continuously serviced within the dealer network they couldn’t refuse help unless way off the warranty issues. 
I really  can’t see any savings made by going outside the dealer networks for service on cars within the age and mileage. The price difference is minimal but the benefits of stayed within the dealer can be huge if you need any warranty work. Dealer service or DIY. 👍

I had major issues with the dealer I bought it from , very serious and they payed me compensation 

that is why I stayed away as I wasn’t going to go anywhere near them again , money wasn’t a factor in staying away from them 

so my options were only to use a local place , very high standards and Vat registered 

is was this garage who seen all the issues underneath and said at what point do want to go to , as it’s a lot of work and labour costs and the car won’t be worth that 

so I’ve traded in for a 2 year old aygo with 9k on the clock 

bought a service plan and will continue to use this main dealer moving forward , it’s been taken over since I bought my x cite with them

im actually devastated as I loved my car and it was well looked after , but underneath was a nightmare 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 152bobby said:

Shame, once you got a whiff of any issues, you should have put it in for a service and you'd have got the 12 months warranty automatically 😭.  I can't remember if Toyota insist that it has had a Toyota service every year or just a one off service gives you the warranty.

Didn’t have  no issues until Thursday when It went bang underneath, had no warning 

drove  lovely , no noises or nothing 

had very little wrong with it since I’ve had it , just the usual brakes etc. , hand brake got done a few month ago but that was it 

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your Aygo, don't know about Toyota but heard a few stories with fully dealer serviced cars with rust and due to the sloppy dealers not doing the anti-perforation body checks on time or correctly the manufacturers won't stump up for repairs. So the customer tries to do the right thing, but still let down. Heard horror stories on the Mk1 subframes rusting badly, but not Mk2 so thought they may improved rust proofing better? I always give ours a good clean/protection at least once a year knowing the potential rust issues. Hope you enjoy your new car and it a better experience.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2023 at 4:58 PM, Puglet said:

Sorry to hear about your Aygo, don't know about Toyota but heard a few stories with fully dealer serviced cars with rust and due to the sloppy dealers not doing the anti-perforation body checks on time or correctly the manufacturers won't stump up for repairs. So the customer tries to do the right thing, but still let down. Heard horror stories on the Mk1 subframes rusting badly, but not Mk2 so thought they may improved rust proofing better? I always give ours a good clean/protection at least once a year knowing the potential rust issues. Hope you enjoy your new car and it a better experience.

I live on the coast , so maybe that’s a factor in my rust problem 

im looking at lanogaurd protection to be done yearly now , what do you use  ???

Nothing special, just some WD40 and lots of elbow grease and keep an eye on things underneath, but heard few owners used lanoguard so worth doing.

My xcite is up for sale with the dealer 

they are asking over £8 k …I only paid £10 k brand new 

2nd hand car prices are crazy at the minute 

• Like 3

On 7/29/2023 at 12:34 PM, 152bobby said:

In my country, it's a one time maintenance that gives you the warranty for one year.
IF you are late (like in this case) to get the yearly maintenance done, there is a waiting period of X months before you can claim anything. To avoid previous known stuff gets declared too fast.

Best to ask the dealer for the warranty. You would have to pay an other amount and it would have to be declared to Toyota.
I saw here that they CAN do a maintenance for a lesser tariff and exclude the warranty for one year.

On 7/29/2023 at 3:06 PM, 152bobby said:

...., but I think it's a case of "you get what you pay for" and the 12 month warranty on top after the service is the icing on the cake 🍰

It's not just included in the old price. There is a difference in what is available in a package for maintenance and the prices nowadays go from f* expensive to even more f* expensive.
Example from Holland (see under)

aygoX maint.JPG

toyota maint 2.JPG

I have the Service Package on mine and it's due its first service in September and it's FREE ....well not really, as I pay monthly.  But it's a nice feeling when getting a zero invoice after a service 🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bitch1001 said:

My xcite is up for sale with the dealer 

they are asking over £8 k …I only paid £10 k brand new 

2nd hand car prices are crazy at the minute 

Was that an Aygo or Aygo X ? 
What year ?

I'm a bit puzzled by this thread. What had rusted that was causing the car to go bang and make a lot of noise from underneath?

I look after a few cars for people locally, inc. a 2014 Mk II Aygo and a 2017 C1. Neither have any significant rust at all other than the usual surface rust on exhaust, suspension arms etc. Are you sure it wasn't just a rotted out exhaust or something like that?

Corrosion issues will normally show up early as Advisories on the MoT test. Were there any Advisories or a Fail due to rust on the last MoT?

Was the dealer that told you that it was beyond economic repair the same dealer that did the p/x and now has it up for sale at £8k.  Something doesn't sit right.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, haelewyn said:

Was that an Aygo or Aygo X ? 
What year ?

2015 X cite orange twist colour

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mrfixer said:

I'm a bit puzzled by this thread. What had rusted that was causing the car to go bang and make a lot of noise from underneath?

I look after a few cars for people locally, inc. a 2014 Mk II Aygo and a 2017 C1. Neither have any significant rust at all other than the usual surface rust on exhaust, suspension arms etc. Are you sure it wasn't just a rotted out exhaust or something like that?

Corrosion issues will normally show up early as Advisories on the MoT test. Were there any Advisories or a Fail due to rust on the last MoT?

Was the dealer that told you that it was beyond economic repair the same dealer that did the p/x and now has it up for sale at £8k.  Something doesn't sit right.....

Apparently the sub frame was rotten and a lot of rust on other areas 

I seen the rust under myself , it was pretty bad , suspension had issues as well 

mot was in march , brake lines were only advisory on it 

different garage said uneconomic to repair , due to parts labour etc 

21 minutes ago, Bitch1001 said:

Apparently the sub frame was rotten and a lot of rust on other areas 

I seen the rust under myself , it was pretty bad , suspension had issues as well 

mot was in march , brake lines were only advisory on it 

different garage said uneconomic to repair , due to parts labour etc 

Wow, makes me want to run out and get some Waxoyl and spray the whole underneath of my Aygo X.  Next time my daughters over, I'm going to have a proper good look under her MK2 2014 Aygo !!

3 hours ago, 152bobby said:

Wow, makes me want to run out and get some Waxoyl and spray the whole underneath of my Aygo X.  Next time my daughters over, I'm going to have a proper good look under her MK2 2014 Aygo !!

I was shocked when I seen mine 

don’t know how it passed the mot in march 

3 hours ago, 152bobby said:

I’m going to use lanoguard on mine 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links