Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My aygo xcite

Bitch1001

2 minutes ago, Bitch1001 said:

I’m going to use lanoguard on mine 

You know that after paying what we have paid, we shouldn't really have to do this !!!.....but, I'm going to look into what to use.  I'm assuming that spraying the underside of the car is not going to damage or affect anything ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 152bobby said:

You know that after paying what we have paid, we shouldn't really have to do this !!!.....but, I'm going to look into what to use.  I'm assuming that spraying the underside of the car is not going to damage or affect anything ?

Apparently they are known for rust 

if mine had been flagged to me i would have done the rust protection and I’d still have my car 

it was only 8 years old , I was expecting uk have it a lot longer than that , 

The plan for my new aygo is to get it checked regularly underneath and use lanoguard every year 

1 hour ago, 152bobby said:

Check out lanoguard Facebook page and website it’s seems to be a fab product and doesn’t affect anything if applied correctly 

3 hours ago, 152bobby said:

You know that after paying what we have paid, we shouldn't really have to do this !!

After paying what I have paid...  I shouldn't have to restart my engine to just close a window I left open a bit.

And there are a lot of things I notice this way..

Aygo X has become an expensive car that was developed in many ways as a real cheap car.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 9:05 PM, 152bobby said:

Toyota cars have 10 year warranty or up to 100k miles !!....if you have had it serviced by an authorized Toyota Dealer.  I guess you haven't done that, because if you had, your Toyota dealer would have mentioned it !!

What happens when 10 year old is up do they give you another year if serviced by Toyota ? 

1 minute ago, Chriss27 said:

What happens when 10 year old is up so they give you another year if serviced by Toyota ? 

Very good question !! So, if your car is under 100k miles and 9 years and 5 months old and you get it serviced, does their warranty only last until D Day exactly on the 10th year and not a minute over ??

• Like 1

10 years or 100k miles whichever comes first

Just now, APS said:

10 years or 100k miles whichever comes first

So if you have only a couple of weeks or days left before the 10th year, it's not worth getting it serviced at the Toyota dealer if you are interested in the warranty alone !!

4 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

So if you have only a couple of weeks or days left before the 10th year, it's not worth getting it serviced at the Toyota dealer if you are interested in the warranty alone !!

Correct, hand it in for service 12 months before its 10th birthday.

In my country, they communicated that, even if you do maintenance on 9 years and 11 months, the prolongation of the warranty is still for a full year.

But the one year warranty will only be given and started until the car has 10 years or max X km, as stipulated in the conditions.

It's just what they say here now. Maybe after some months, years they will get fed up of tons of people going for an extra last year of warranty "in extremis". 

Note that they are not giving it for free. 

A maintenance without the warranty is a lot cheaper.

So.. A maintenance after 10 years will become a lot cheaper to do.

The 10 year or 100.000 mile maintenance will not be a cheap one.

Then also add the additional cost for one year warranty. 

Toyota won't be losing money on this extra benefit they sell.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links