Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Plans

MetManMark

Morning all

I have just had a quote for a three year Service Plan for our 8 year old Auris hybrid. It was £850 for a Inter / Full / Inter service. Each of the services currently cost £240+£370+£240 so essentially they are offering the opportunity to pay up front and lock in the prices. This kind of makes sense.

The last service plan we took out cost £695 which was quite a saving on the cost of the three services (quoted as £395+£185+£395 at the time) and included the pick up / drop off service that they no longer offered. So in comparison this new deal doesn't look nearly as attractive. 

I requested a quote from another dealership that quoted £1050!

Interested in people's thoughts... We intend to keep the car as long as possible and want to look after it (we only do ~6k miles a year and bought it as an ex-demo)

Mark

I took out the service plan on my Yaris cross £27 pm , thought it was worth it, it’s for three years and I think it includes breakdown cover and 1st mot….

Ah yes, I should have said that it includes 3 free MOTs 🙂

I intend just to pay it up front rather than paying by monthly instalments.

M

Hi Mark, in my opinion I think if it was me I would take the service plan. It may be dearer then you paid before but what hasn't gone up. The benefit of the warranty and the hybrid Battery check are a also a plus.👍

• Like 1

you do have to think about plans in these times of inflation,a 10% discount on parts is also offered.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 10:04 AM, Bper said:

Hi Mark, in my opinion I think if it was me I would take the service plan. It may be dearer then you paid before but what hasn't gone up. The benefit of the warranty and the hybrid battery check are a also a plus.👍

I agree with above.  My last four VW cars were all dealership service maintained.  I kept my third one (VW Touran) for over 9 years and it still drove like new.  You have to ask yourself, “Would my DIY maintenance have achieved that?” And, “Would I get as much trade-in allowance against a car with no service history?”

• Like 1

For those that are quite competent on DIY maintenance then it makes sense to do it, some members here are that. 

I'm not, though went the route of oil and filter changes at chain garage in 5 years ownership of Yaris hybrid. Plus cabin and air filters myself. Spent about £200 in 5 years. Nothing else needs doing. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links