Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T27 DPF removal for cleaning - procedure / steps / tips?

CanMan

Hi,

My T27 Tourer (115k miles / 185k km) had a P244B error (DPF Pressure too high) which though cleared isn't the first time it has occurred.

I planning on removing the DPF for cleaning and reinstall - Toyota suggests engine out (!) but will tackle from below / engine bay.

What are the general steps involved - anything particularly tricky? Any parts / gaskets needed?

Is there an ECU re-learn / reset procedure when re-installed?

All advise appreciated!

Many thanks.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 11:36 AM, CanMan said:

Hi,

My T27 Tourer (115k miles / 185k km) had a P244B error (DPF Pressure too high) which though cleared isn't the first time it has occurred.

I planning on removing the DPF for cleaning and reinstall - Toyota suggests engine out (!) but will tackle from below / engine bay.

What are the general steps involved - anything particularly tricky? Any parts / gaskets needed?

Is there an ECU re-learn / reset procedure when re-installed?

All advise appreciated!

Many thanks.

im going to do this to my car when i get a bit of time  might be a good idea also .unless you want to try this first

• Like 1

Thanks for the link - great video and he has some other good ones too - definitely a job for the to-do list. Having done the EGR part of it previously its a handy enough job 👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CanMan said:

Thanks for the link - great video and he has some other good ones too - definitely a job for the to-do list. Having done the EGR part of it previously its a handy enough job 👍

aye i like that guy hes cool at things like that and yep im going to clean out my egr and manifold like the way he did it in that video i have all the gaskets genuine ones for the job just need to get around to doing it but its hard to find time tbh lol 

Whilst I now have a petrol vehicle (1.8 Valvematic Avensis), previously I had a (lovely) old Jag X Type 2.0d estate which had similar rough running symptoms, dash lights etc., at one point. I did (as per video) a full EGR and inlet manifold clean and it ran better than ever after that. Well worth doing. Cheers.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links