Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New owner - 2016 Aygo - Questions, updates and upgrades...

ptang

Hi all,

I'm a previous Yarris owner, and my 17yo just inherited his very elderly grandmother's 2016 Aygo xPlay 1.0 with about 7k on the clock. We've been working on it so he knows more of what's under the bonnet than just where oil and water go. After the critical things (pads, disks, filters, plugs etc) we're now on to the more cosmetic (the stuff he cares about) and I'm after some help/advice...

1) I recently replaced the HU with a Tripleplay+DAB 86140-YV020 (18PPDAEU-EA01) - It's running 810/810/814 (Audio/OS1/OS2) - What's the latest firmware and where's best to get it?

2) Front fog lights retro fit - I did read somewhere that this was available once as an after-sales kit but I can't find the information anymore. Has anyone done this or using an OEM option?

3) Rear camera retro fit - There's no factory loom, so I think just a simple job of running a cable from the HU to the rear and installing a camera - but 6v I think? Any recommendations on what make/model/kit to use or any gotchas?

4) Rear Speakers? Again no factory loom, so I think just a simple job of getting the 6 part of the 10+6 plugs, running cables to the rear doors and installing a speaker in the L+R door cards? Any other gotchas? How will the HU know the Speakers are present?

5) Clutch travel distance, high biting point? There seems to be very little play in the clutch but the biting point is far up to the top of the travel. Does this mean it's almost new clutch time? Mother-in-law was elderly so probably rode the clutch a heck of a lot.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

'tang.

9 hours ago, ptang said:

Hi all,

I'm a previous Yarris owner, and my 17yo just inherited his very elderly grandmother's 2016 Aygo xPlay 1.0 with about 7k on the clock. We've been working on it so he knows more of what's under the bonnet than just where oil and water go. After the critical things (pads, disks, filters, plugs etc) we're now on to the more cosmetic (the stuff he cares about) and I'm after some help/advice...

1) I recently replaced the HU with a Tripleplay+DAB 86140-YV020 (18PPDAEU-EA01) - It's running 810/810/814 (Audio/OS1/OS2) - What's the latest firmware and where's best to get it?

2) Front fog lights retro fit - I did read somewhere that this was available once as an after-sales kit but I can't find the information anymore. Has anyone done this or using an OEM option?

3) Rear camera retro fit - There's no factory loom, so I think just a simple job of running a cable from the HU to the rear and installing a camera - but 6v I think? Any recommendations on what make/model/kit to use or any gotchas?

4) Rear speakers? Again no factory loom, so I think just a simple job of getting the 6 part of the 10+6 plugs, running cables to the rear doors and installing a speaker in the L+R door cards? Any other gotchas? How will the HU know the speakers are present?

5) Clutch travel distance, high biting point? There seems to be very little play in the clutch but the biting point is far up to the top of the travel. Does this mean it's almost new clutch time? Mother-in-law was elderly so probably rode the clutch a heck of a lot.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

'tang.,

1. Latest software is: Audio 8.12, OS1 8.15, OS2 8.17 all updated via www.toyota-tech.eu. Access is chargeable.

2. Accessory kit available from Toyota, fitting guide HERE

3 Nothing official from Toyota but aftermarket kits out there HERE

4 Nothing official from Toyota and not seen it done before, Toyota have the dash Speakers wired as front & the door Speakers as the rear within the head unit

5 Free play on MK2 should be 20mm from rest to take up

12 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

1. Latest software is: Audio 8.12, OS1 8.15, OS2 8.17 all updated via www.toyota-tech.eu. Access is chargeable.

2. Accessory kit available from Toyota, fitting guide HERE

3 Nothing official from Toyota but aftermarket kits out there HERE

4 Nothing official from Toyota and not seen it done before, Toyota have the dash speakers wired as front & the door speakers as the rear within the head unit

5 Free play on MK2 should be 20mm from rest to take up

Thanks chap -

1) Yeah, that website is like a rabbit-hole - which part should I be looking under?

2) Great stuff - looks like a fun dry day job.

3) Thought that might be the case - will have a shufty for something suitable when I have time but as I said to my son, if you can't reverse a diddy car without a camera then maybe you should hand your license back.

4) I might play when I have some time - the HU pinout suggests there are rear outputs so that's a rainy day job.

5) I'm way over the 20mm, and I did hear that MK2's do have clutch wear so I'll look into that too.

3. The camera is easy, go with an aftermarket camera and an addition cable (Connects2 CAM-TY5-AD)

78471513_aygomk28pincam.jpg.5415bf93a1c7abe24c5ab19466cfaac7.jpg

This is the socket view or wire side of the plug

Pin 1 - 6v to camera in reverse

Pin 2 - Video signal +

Pin 5 - Negative

Pin 6 - Video signal -

4. its standard toyota 10+6 (ignore the colour codes)

Radio2.thumb.jpg.5458ca8db9b640325e704edcaca9f79a.jpg

Thanks flash. And thanks again for the firmware.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links