Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Easy...

breezer

Hey ppl!! Gettin some money in me bank soon :D

just wondering, how easy is it to fit an alarm, how easy is it to fit central locking (one where u dnt havta use key), and how easy is it to fit electric windows?

obviously not all at once, one at a time! i can take the door panel off iv done it b4, but how easy is it to do each of the above?

it isnt simple

the c/locks are -ve trigger

windows need a closure module or you could build your own

but you cant get the aralm to double lock the car

I wouldn't attempt an alarm install unless you seriously know what you are doing as the setup can be quite tricky and if you have any dodgy connections you will get constant false alarms (and complains from your neighbours!).

Also if you're fitting a Thatcham Category 1 or 2 device most insurance companies require the system to be fitted by a VSIB approved installer or they wont give you any discount.

If an alarm shown on the Thatcham website as being cat 1 is fitted by anyone other than a Thatcham approved installer then it is no longer cat 1. Cat 1 applies to the hardware and the installation not just the hardware.

If an alarm shown on the Thatcham website as being cat 1 is fitted by anyone other than a Thatcham approved installer then it is no longer cat 1. Cat 1 applies to the hardware and the installation not just the hardware.

:yes::yes:

must be by an approved installer as you get a cert that it has been done aswell which contains a number relating to the vehicle and what its had done

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links