Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electrical Wiring Diagram - Toyota EU

AndyN01

Hi all.

Not sure if this is the correct forum - if not can a mod please move it - thanks.

I've logged on to the Toyota EU site, paid my money and successfully downloaded some of the parts catalogue (as pdf) but when I tried to do the same with the wiring diagrams I just got some "boxes" with "RAV4" etc. .......and something about metadata. From previous experience of car wiring diagrams I was expecting multiple pages of lines with colour codes, connector references and wire gauge with cross-linking between pages.

I thought I'd done exactly the same thing, but maybe I've missed something or have I gone wrong somewhere? I don't think I'd run out of subscription time, but maybe I had?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Andy.

Thanks for the link.

Sadly that's for a 2007 and mine's a 2017 so I'll wager that it's changed a fair bit 🤔.

I think I'll pay another few £'s and have another go. I'd like the proper "workshop" file/manual anyway.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers.

Andy.

• Like 1

At one time, you could buy a workshop manual, and in it would be included the wiring diagram for the car.  This seems to have all changed with the advent of dealership service departments and service plans.  Obviously, dealerships want you to pay the expensive hourly rates that apply to their service departments, and don’t want customers to easily find their own information for DIY.  It is clearly appreciated that many owners are not qualified/do not wish to carry out maintenance themselves, but the opportunity to do so has been largely prohibited by lack of/difficulty in obtaining sufficient data.  I am now of an age where DIY is not an option, but I still have workshop manuals in thre attic from the old days when I did all my own servicing and repairs.

Granted, the modern motorcar is very much more complex, but there are a lot of owners who could, and would, do a significant amount of maintenance themselves if the necessary data was easily come by.

• Like 3

I bought manuals for every car I've owned over several decades. Long before the Internet it was pretty much the only way of getting the information needed.

And yes, there were always the electrical diagrams in the back - but there wasn't all the clever electronics/ECU's etc. and there was nothing to "plug in" for fault codes as they didn't exist! You felt and listened for faults and used a trusty voltmeter for electrical fault-finding.

Coming up to date there's still a good amount of stuff that a competent DIY'er can do for themselves at rather less than the dealer hourly rates 😃.

The lack of hands on knowledge of some of the population is rather scary. I overheard one conversation about screenwash...... "That's something the dealer fills up when it's serviced" ..... and they weren't joking. 😆

Andy.

Found an email in my inbox - Haynes manuals - so I looked up my car on their website.  It showed car manuals from £20 and, when I input my reg. number it came up:        Toyota C-HR PHASE1 - 5D 2016-10-   Could the ‘10-‘ mean 10th month of the year? - I can’t think of anything else, otherwise I would expect a figure higher than 2016.  Or is it a printing error?

As mine is a 2021 model, I am not sure that it would be truly representative for my car, and it doesn’t indicate whether it is a printed version or an on line one for downloading.  In the past, I have bought the odd Haynes manual but, from my recollection, they have been quite a few years behind - possibly on the basis that not many owners would buy one until the point was reached where significant repair work became the norm.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links