Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Illumination of "lock/unlock all doors" button

74hct04

This might be trivial request, but which parts of the "lock/unlock all doors" button in the driver's armrest are supposed to illuminate? Admittely, I've done little experimentation, nor have I driven at night yet, but did notice just the (raised) "lock all doors" side illuminating with an orange dot. Either I have an LED/lamp out or perhaps this illumination swaps to the unlock side when the doors are all locked?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Hi, I've just checked mine and only the little orange dot in the centre lights up and stays on when the doors are locked or unlocked. The 2 window switches are also illuminated. Hope this helps

20230810_030640.JPG

20230810_030656.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks very much indeed Steve! I appreciate it, especially the photos!

Like your car, mine is the same (including the lack of illumination of the passenger window lockout switch). I think these switches are always illuminated, regardless of the state of the cars external lights (presumably to help with tunnels, bridges, etc).

Cheers,
R

• 2 months later...

I noticed that these switches (including the 'lock all doors button') stay illuminated for the 45 seconds you get to operate the windows after the ignition is switched off (so long as you don't open a door). A satisfying little 'user experience' touch that made me smile  🙂 (unlike the insane UI of the 'clock' button and radio controls! What were they thinking?!) 😱

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links