Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Suzuki Across speed limiter

Oscarmax

Picked up our new Suzuki Across this morning, I am coming a bit confused, I have tried to work out how the speed limiter works, I have looked through the manual, there is only a cruise control button ?

53 minutes ago, Oscarmax said:

Picked up our new Suzuki Across this morning, I am coming a bit confused, I have tried to work out how the speed limiter works, I have looked through the manual, there is only a cruise control button ?

That sounds a little odd and if that's the case, the Across doesn't have a speed limiter. On a standard Toyota RAV4 steering wheel there's a cruise control / speed limiter control button on the right hand spoke of the steering wheel. The cruise control on/off button is at 3 o'clock; the speed limiter on/off is at 9 o'clock. It's all in the RAV4 manual ... 😉

It rather looks as though the Across may NOT have a speed limiter ...

Suzuki steering wheel:

Suzuki-Across-Steering-Wheel-1024x683.thumb.webp.78fc787b67b19088ae5d2fa2f3d5b319.webp

The Suzuki image was taken from the Internet so may or may not reflect what is actually in your car.

RAV4 steering wheel - showing the speed limiter control at 9 o'clock:

download.jpeg.8662965da1faf4471832f4b3b6e16662.jpeg

• Like 2

Looks like I do not have a speed limiter, I do the latest updates plus the new larger screen and fancy cruise control which I will never use

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Oscarmax said:

fancy cruise control which I will never use

Why ever not? I can see no point at all to the speed limiter, but the radar cruise control is a great driving aid when used sensibly ... 😉

• Like 4

The Toyota PHEV also has an audible warning when you exceed the speed limit which I'm sure would be replicated in the Across?

15 hours ago, philip42h said:

Why ever not? I can see no point at all to the speed limiter, but the radar cruise control is a great driving aid when used sensibly ... 😉

Hi Phillip,

About 85% of journeys are local, the the 15% is when we are towing the caravan, I have been out today to use a light foot on the throttle, even in ECO mode it is so much more responsive than out Outlander PHEV.

5 hours ago, ernieb said:

The Toyota PHEV also has an audible warning when you exceed the speed limit which I'm sure would be replicated in the Across?

I have managed to steady my right foot, I will have to look in the handbook if the Suzuki is fitted with an audible warning.

51 minutes ago, Oscarmax said:

I have managed to steady my right foot, I will have to look in the handbook if the Suzuki is fitted with an audible warning.

Audible warning now set.

• Like 2

I must admit that my last four cars have had speed limiters fitted and I've never used it? I do make use of the "normal" cruise control extensively, but only very occasionally the radar controlled one although it comes into its own for me on busy motorways with stop start traffic. 

Odd that the Suzuki Across does not have a speed limiter. Wife’s Suzuki Ignis SZ5 has a limiter and cruise control. Must be 1/3 price of the Across. The odd thing with the Ignis cruise control is when you set it there is no indication of the speed set other than the speedometer reading. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links