Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 Aygo Double Din Upgrade Assistance

Pro_Mat

Hi there, 

I’m wondering if anyone can make sense of this connector that goes into my current stock bluetooth toyota radio. I need an adapter or harness or any assistance basically on how I can connect the connector as shown below on my aygo to my new double din stereo. 

Many thanks, 

Matt.

IMG_3170.jpeg

IMG_3172.jpeg

image.jpg

What you have there is known as a quadlock connector you can buy and an adapter (connects2 CT20CT02)

You can also just unclip the black iso plugs from the Quadlock connector by pushing in the blue tabs - the White connector is for the Aux in

Flash- I took one of the blue tabbed connectors out, the other blue connector one is sealed into the quadlock connector. My white connector is radio power as when it is removed the radio doesn’t come on. I am extremely confused as the white cable will only work when plugged in with the brown and white cables as seen in the picture below that is permanently fitted to the quadlock. 

image.jpg

Resolved this now hopefully, I’m going to order the adapter as flash stated and go from there. 🙂

If you have the aux/usb and use adapter CTCITROENUSB this requires the oem USB cable

if not there is a factory port 86190-YV010 this requires the oem USB cable to use the above adapter

Aux in is simple enough, 3 wires, L, R and ground

Hi what set up have you bought to replace the aygo radio.?? As I have the same year as you an we looking to change the radio to a more modern set up (sat nav .phone.) 

Cheers 

@dads Taxi x3

Hello ! I found the quadlock connector to universal cable as flash kindly provided the correct connector needed now which is good . I bought a Sony WX-Gt90bt off of facebook marketplace as I don’t fancy forking a load out on the car but needed the upgrade ! 

Anything aftermarket that’ll take the universal adaptor and possibly some extra knowledge on wiring if you get the fancy double dins with screens in for phone, camera etc, will be fine . From what I’ve heard all in all though , an upgraded head unit is definitely of favour as the toyota one is “unimpressive” lol 

1 minute ago, Pro_Mat said:

@dads Taxi x3

Hello ! I found the quadlock connector to universal cable as flash kindly provided the correct connector needed now which is good . I bought a Sony WX-Gt90bt off of facebook marketplace as I don’t fancy forking a load out on the car but needed the upgrade ! 

Anything aftermarket that’ll take the universal adaptor and possibly some extra knowledge on wiring if you get the fancy double dins with screens in for phone, camera etc, will be fine . From what I’ve heard all in all though , an upgraded head unit is definitely of favour as the toyota one is “unimpressive” lol 

Hi thanks for getting back to me . 

I have found two set one Amazon an one on ebay  and its for the aygo  is Apple an android sat nav so on also come with rear camara AND all the cables to basic swap over . I just wondered if it was what you bought . So thanks again  iain 

No probs ! Nice one , that’s the proper job then , I want one of them being honest haha . Should be plug and play in theory as per any other car , cutting and wiring should be minimal etc too or not even needed which is lovely . Would be pleased to see what it looks like in place , don’t forget your fascia kit . 

Cheers,

Matt! 

• Thanks 1

Hi cheers  its come with the new fascia an it's got the brakes an all the swap to swap parts  

I asked a few questions  about fitting  hownit works so 

An the guy (or gal) replied  saying its a str8 swap all the cables that you need to swap is there new facial evrthing even a reversing camera ( the ironic me just fitting parking sensors)  also said any probs ask them which I did at least 4 times about it an they replied right away  so it's due to arrive Monday  so we see then lol 

I also was looking to buy a new red hassard button as mine is cracked  see faint lines thro it . Only £5 so why not nice new dash  an old cracked button lol.  

I did find a genuine aygo dash with sat nav an that and wow how boring it looks lol . So went with flash .

15 minutes ago, dads Taxi x3 said:

Hi cheers  its come with the new fascia an it's got the brakes an all the swap to swap parts  

I asked a few questions  about fitting  hownit works so 

An the guy (or gal) replied  saying its a str8 swap all the cables that you need to swap is there new facial evrthing even a reversing camera ( the ironic me just fitting parking sensors)  also said any probs ask them which I did at least 4 times about it an they replied right away  so it's due to arrive Monday  so we see then lol 

I also was looking to buy a new red hassard button as mine is cracked  see faint lines thro it . Only £5 so why not nice new dash  an old cracked button lol.  

I did find a genuine aygo dash with sat nav a that and wow how boring it looks lol . So went with flash .

Ahh well done @dads Taxi x3 you managed to get the fascia then by the sounds of it that’s good ! I’ve got mine coming saturday and my adapter is here, we tested the new double din beast and she works. 

Got to cut out those support bits now by the looks like what you’re to follow in a video that covers a double din fit in a regular iso fitting conversion . Our cars are slightly different as we were left lost with the fakra connectors , but will now be the straight forward plug and play with the correct adaptions. 

Make sure you order a fakra aerial adaptor which converts it to fit your new double din, I noticed that was fakra so jumped on the order there !! It looks like this in the pics attached and I have ordered this to convert it over and you should too so that your aerial works ! 

Send a picture if you manage to get it done anyway and just post again if you’re struggling , I know I will lol 

Cheers 🍻

Support Brace (screenshot from a video)

IMG_3288.thumb.png.96e5aee483f0411bc2058150b5dc613a.png

Fakra Aerial:

IMG_3279.thumb.jpeg.138c89d7b3b7b2286d0252094591a1fd.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Hi   yes I seen the video that you need to remove a part to make it fit  I asked if I needed to get anything else an they said no as its all in the kit so we'll see when it arrives . I do t know why I get stuff that need to mess with wires lol I'm crap at electrics lol . So yea I'll be posting ha ha  I'm sure you be OK with the help off the guys here . . 

Spot on then @dads Taxi x3 if you’ve got the conversion kit , with all the bits you need you should now be sorted , nice one ! Literally got to whack that plastic out the way at those points in the picture I attached and you’ll be good as that’ll make room for your new double din . 

Keep us updated , I’ll send some photos when I’ve got it all installed my end 👍

Hi yes I will .I have looked at the bits in the kit an can't see the wee bit you showed a pic off so I might have to by that . I missed it when I was going thro the questions with them  but they did say everything was there .even posted a list on the listing.  

Where did you get your we bit from in case I have to get one. Cheers 

(Its on it's way been shipped  coming from UK) . 

Hi just put it in to eBay anup come a full pic  an yea there's one in thenkit that looks like the item on eBay so yes looks like it all there . 

So @dads Taxi x3 you managed to find the right bits in the end and it’s on the way then ? I hope so lol , I managed to find bits for mine in the end .

I mentioned earlier of the fascia and kit coming Saturday… Well it came today and in with the fitment we went , I still need to connect the aerial and it’s adaptor but I’m not worried about that right now as this is a test for me . Screwed together the fascia brackets to the fascia and away she went then . Cut the support brace out like in the videos and what we mentioned above and once that’s done it’s a matter of fitting the radio to the brackets and sliding the fascia unit once connected up back into place ! Clips in lovely . I’d make sure to have it all ready first if I were you and don’t forget to transfer the little blue clip pieces that go on the original clip on the original fascia ! 

Take a look at the result and ask away if you have any questions as to when you come to fitting etc.,

The cut off plastic support piece:

image.thumb.jpg.9645fe2694c853303e2556fecc16de6a.jpg

Result: 

image.thumb.jpg.1c0dacb77b8552b357e8d1baa3458a40.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.f947e689a777f5e6d5ea0c35157d366b.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.f7ca5eca42de00082ca52da27a5b45c1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/19/2023 at 2:34 AM, dads Taxi x3 said:

Wow nice ........ 

I will soon its here .  

Nice one ! I’m terrible . The sound is so much more improved but I’m going to go ahead with a subwoofer for next month ….. Wish me luck hahaha .

I won’t be a tw-t to my neighbours or others, but some great bass for some rock or party tunes sounds good to me !!

• Like 1

Hi there finally it arrived  only weds was the 1st time I had  chance to have a go at it .Well it's fitted very easy the back section didn't need to be cut out  so that wasnone video I didn't need to watch lol I fitted the new radio plug bit tight but a wee hammer makes it fit lol .

The only probe I had was the rear camara as there was crap instructions I basic went for what fitted an as its a universal fit there was 3 other kits in there .so found the right one  but had a prob with the camara  but after watching a few u tube vids I got enough courage to cut wires an try an see if it worked  and it did 

Then the problme of fitting a wee camara to the back of the aygo .

Not much option to fit to  so it's fitted just.need to make sure don't hit it when loading football gear in the boot . 

I will get a photo if the item and get all the phones loged in to it . 

Make the car look really nice . 

A small quastion why not something from aliexpres fits good and easy to get in and not expensive CLICK

radio.thumb.jpg.7e18116c186514835e270e624b3c693c.jpg

radio2.thumb.jpg.c484abf6a5651bd9fc51a64d25cbf247.jpg

8 hours ago, dads Taxi x3 said:

Hi there finally it arrived  only weds was the 1st time I had  chance to have a go at it .Well it's fitted very easy the back section didn't need to be cut out  so that wasnone video I didn't need to watch lol I fitted the new radio plug bit tight but a wee hammer makes it fit lol .

The only probe I had was the rear camara as there was crap instructions I basic went for what fitted an as its a universal fit there was 3 other kits in there .so found the right one  but had a prob with the camara  but after watching a few u tube vids I got enough courage to cut wires an try an see if it worked  and it did 

Then the problme of fitting a wee camara to the back of the aygo .

Not much option to fit to  so it's fitted just.need to make sure don't hit it when loading football gear in the boot . 

I will get a photo if the item and get all the phones loged in to it . 

Make the car look really nice . 

Congrats mate at least you can say you did it ! Makes all the difference that’s for sure , those carplay and android screens look spot on in them . 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Klein71 said:

A small quastion why not something from aliexpres fits good and easy to get in and not expensive CLICK

radio.thumb.jpg.7e18116c186514835e270e624b3c693c.jpg

radio2.thumb.jpg.c484abf6a5651bd9fc51a64d25cbf247.jpg

Does look good I have to say . I may consider upgrading mine to a fancy bit of kit like that in the future as it’s handy having the features of like a digital map just a fingertip away lol . 

Cheers 

• Like 2

After years of dealing with chinese tat they are more hassle than they are worth a lot of these "android units" are nothing more than tablets with unsupported unofficial versions of Android, the audio side of it is based on very old amplifier circuits what are getting on for 20 years old

if you are paying 100-200 for a unit posted from china you know they are built to a very small budget and the components are of low quality

2 minutes ago, flash22 said:

After years of dealing with chinese tat they are more hassle than they are worth a lot of these "android units" are nothing more than tablets with unsupported unofficial versions of Android, the audio side of it is based on very old amplifier circuits what are getting on for 20 years old

if you are paying 100-200 for a unit posted from china you know they are built to a very small budget and the components are of low quality

***** yeah I forget that’ll always be the case , it’s a good idea like concept wise and makes them money but will probably be laggy and unreliable more than likely then lol . I’m happy with what I did on mine @flash22 i’m sure you would agree like many if you’re upgrading with a quality unit , it’s a major improvement over the stock Toyota one . 

• Like 1

Well I don't have any trouble with this one and the sound is better than stock my wife is happy with it and when you connect your phone its android auto and it works fine Everyone must do what he/she likes enjoy yours and thnx for an anwser 👍🍻

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links