Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spurious alarms

Pierre25

Hi fellow Toyota Corolla members. I know there has been a topic on this recently but being a newbie I can't seem to find it. Our alarm goes off intermittently during the night and having switched off the "intruder" alarm, the alarm persists!! I am not sure whether or not it is caused by cats using the car as a springboard when leaping to and from the nearby wall. Normally when the car is disturbed the onboard Dashcam (Nextbase 380) kicks in and films for 1 minute, but as yet it hasn't kicked in. Does anyone know what the cause may be or have suffered with the problem? Cheers Pete 

Hi Pete, 

you may have a insect locked in who does trigger the alarm. If you switched off the interior sensor and the alarm keep going off it might be as a result of low 12v Battery too. You have a camera installed which can draw some extra voltage when the car is asleep. The best is to measure the voltage and recharge the Battery with a smart charger , even if it’s not from that. 
You can use the mechanical key to lock the car with activating the alarm so no disturbance. Perhaps try one night locked with the key and then the next night locked with alarm and see if the problem returns. 
Good luck 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi Pete, 

you may have a insect locked in who does trigger the alarm. If you switched off the interior sensor and the alarm keep going off it might be as a result of low 12v battery too. You have a camera installed which can draw some extra voltage when the car is asleep. The best is to measure the voltage and recharge the battery with a smart charger , even if it’s not from that. 
You can use the mechanical key to lock the car with activating the alarm so no disturbance. Perhaps try one night locked with the key and then the next night locked with alarm and see if the problem returns. 
Good luck 

Thanks Tony 👍

1 hour ago, Pierre25 said:

Thanks Tony 👍

You are welcome. 

My trick is to just spray insect/fly/wasp spray in the car and lock it up.

Already had the alarm go off once without prompting and since doing that had no more issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your advice. I will try that tomorrow 🪰🪰. When I checked the Nextbase 380 today which activated on car movement, it went off at 0045 this morning which accounts for one of the alarms but it went off two or three times more, which did not activate the Dashcam. Maybe the insects set it off "breaking in" 🤣.

• Haha 2

Only last week mine started going off randomly, never ever had trouble before.

Few days ago I got in and found a moth on the inside of the windscreen. Afraid he met his maker. No more spurious alarms for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links