Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo 2014 9000 miles

Chriss27

Found a 64 reg Aygo at a Toyota dealership with full Toyota service history and 9000 miles.

is there anything I need to check over on the car before buying ? 

No outstanding recalls either 

Latest mot shows advisory, how much of an issue is this ?

• Front Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))

Hi Chris,

At only 9k, and a full Toyota service history doubt that the disc is actually as bad as it looks on paper and in any event the discs are fairly easy to replace but would also need new brake pads and fittings kit. Never know the dealer night even through new discs and pads in to get your business, then again they're not know fort being over generous.

Would give the boot area a good check of the carpet/sound insulation and spare wheel well for any sign of water ingress as the Aygo can have problems with leaks starting around the rear lights and high level brake light besides a few other places.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, DerekHa said:

Hi Chris,

At only 9k, and a full Toyota service history doubt that the disc is actually as bad as it looks on paper and in any event the discs are fairly easy to replace but would also need new brake pads and fittings kit. Never know the dealer night even through new discs and pads in to get your business, then again they're not know fort being over generous.

Would give the boot area a good check of the carpet/sound insulation and spare wheel well for any sign of water ingress as the Aygo can have problems with leaks starting around the rear lights and high level brake light besides a few other places.

Worth a try but just some hard braking may sort it out if its just rust on the rotors and not the calipers also sticking.

ASK when the calipers were last striped down and regreased if its 3 or 4 years ago it needs doing is my best guess.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chriss27 said:

Latest mot shows advisory, how much of an issue is this ?

• Front Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))

If the car passed the MOT, the brakes are working well.

A 9 year old car that has only done 9,000 miles may have been sitting about a lot. Brake discs are bare metal so they rust if not kept polished by using the brakes regularly.

If the car is put into regular use, the brake discs will be polished up with normal brake use. There's no need to brake excessively or heavily.

• Like 4

Get underneath checked for rust ….my 8 year old aygo was severely rusted …..

everything else was perfect …

• Like 4

I wouldn’t worry about the discs at the very worst case you’ll need to replace them but on a car like this you’ll probably pay more in labour , I take it to a trusted recommend garage for this work as will be cheaper , but the car if your happy with the price sounds like a good find with the low mileage 

• Like 3

If its at a Toyota dealership you will be paying a premium price for it. Personally I like brakes to be spot on so I would ask for new discs/pads as part of the deal. Its a quick and relatively cheap job for the dealer.

• Like 4

Definitely a new disc new pads from the dealer as part of the sale.
Then after a full brake job will be best solution. Take all parts off , clean, lube and put back together with new brake fluid to guarantee proper brakes in the future. Corroded brakes might clean off with use or might not. If the slider pins or pistons got stuck they will never clean themselves. 
All the suggestions above are helpful, water ingress and corrosion checks , accident repair checks , and the services history. This car even at those low miles should had have 9 oil changes. Check dipstick for any sticky formation on. Make sure the car was not neglected, as usually are most low miles cars in uk. 
Good luck 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links