Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota halted production

Dave the aygo

I read today toyota have stopped making the Aygo x because of supplier fire anyone got one on order mine has just arrived at grimsby I hope 

• Like 4

Yikes that's bad news :sad: 

I thought the supply chains were more robust than this; Clearly they still haven't managed to re-establish second-source for everything... :unsure:

• Like 3

I think a few people will be disappointed at hearing about this the chances they may not get the car they ordered until later in the year 

• Like 4

Yikes seeing the fire really gives some perspective on how bad it was.

You'd think they would have had fairly strong fire safety procedures given that plastic is quite flammable, so it's pretty shocking how practically the whole place has burned down :sad: 

I wonder if they found a cause?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Yikes seeing the fire really gives some perspective on how bad it was.

You'd think they would have had fairly strong fire safety procedures given that plastic is quite flammable, so it's pretty shocking how practically the whole place has burned down :sad: 

I wonder if they found a cause?

Omg, that fire looks serious. 
Good news for you guys who has Yaris and Aygo already, used car prices will increase even more. Perhaps a good time to sell and buy something else if fancy a change. 

• Like 3

Not good news at all for those waiting for their cars, but look on the positive side; these will now probably be registered on '24 plates rather than '73 plates

• Like 3

Or perhaps get the new and updated versions. Lol 😂 

The dealers will jump on this with any 2nd hand ones they have £££££££

26 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

The dealers will jump on this with any 2nd hand ones they have £££££££

oh, yes

Only the Aygo X is affected in the uk as most of Yaris come from France, iirc it's the non hybrids that are CZ produced that we don't get here

No doubt they have other suppliers for the same parts across Europe

• Like 3

I read a year's ago that they was warned about this problem  they can't make enough microchips to fit in to these cars  as its the same type of chip that goes in to moblie phones .

The only places that make these are China     and  Taiwan  .

Why the Chinese are trying to get there hands on Taiwan.  

Own the only supplier of microchips an rule the world   what do ppl always want   phones an cars .

9 hours ago, dads Taxi x3 said:

I read a year's ago that they was warned about this problem  they can't make enough microchips to fit in to these cars  as its the same type of chip that goes in to moblie phones .

The only places that make these are China     and  Taiwan  .

Why the Chinese are trying to get there hands on Taiwan.  

Own the only supplier of microchips an rule the world   what do ppl always want   phones an cars .

Semiconductor Chips are produced everywhere across the Globe. And its not only the manufacturing of the chips creating issues, it's the front end and back end testing, materials to make the chips, transportation and so on. 

The Automotive/Industrial chips are far different from what is in a consumer mobile phone, as the likes of Samsung, Apple, Google etc have custom chips made - not an off the shelf option. 

Currently things in the semiconductor world are slowing down due to demand slowing (consumer, automotive, Aerospace etc), and China's economy on a down turn. Whilst it has lead to a free up in some 'chips being more available there are still big pockets of allocation for some technologies. Multi-billion dollar investments have been made the past 3 years which has helped capacity/allocation, but it'll be a while until the true results of these will be realised. As with any chicken/egg story, the machines needed to create the chips need those chips in order to make the machine....

• Like 3

Yeesh, Toyota just can't catch a break lately! :wacko:

Same IT gremlins as the Air Traffic Control !!

If its a supplier issu they may end up picking up a hefty bill.

If it a fire issu the supplier will just fly critical production plant to another site.

I wonder if theres's any news here. Read somewhere that production stop was from August 22 - August 27
Got Mail Confirmation that my car got into production (also shows that on MyT App) on 2nd of September, so about 4 1/2 days ago - no new update since then. So i'm out of the typical 1-2 Day frame in which people get new statusupdates. But we'll see :)

• 2 weeks later...

According to today's announcement by Toyota Czech Republic, on Monday 18 September 2023 production of the Aygo and Yaris will start again in full at the production plant in Kolín

i was super happy to hear about this today. Because of my car and the worker can work full time again and everything.
It's just good to know that they can return to full production now

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered an aygo x last week, been advised delivery at the earliest will be 27th December but no guarantees on that date. Could be into 2024....

• Sad 1

Be glad that you are promised production of Ayga X in 3 months for now. Here in the Czech Republic, we sometimes wait 18 months for the delivery of the ordered Škoda Octavia, although the car manufacturer claims that this is not possible.

Edited by DusanCZ
oprava textu

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links