Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Plane but not Simple

Bper

had to book a flight today and acknowledge it has been a few years since we last went on a plane. However, I couldn't believe how difficult airlines have made the ticket and checkout process.

Having purchased the tickets, we assumed that it entitled us to a seat on the plane but how wrong could we be. I didn't realise the cost was slightly cheaper than actually buying the plane itself.

And if we dare to take any luggage bigger than a postage stamp, the price could be more than the items we are taking with us.

And don't get me started on the check-in process which seemed more difficult than changing a tyre without a jack. Every item was either an additional charge or made so complicated.

Whatever happened to the simplicity of booking a flight.

• Like 2

It really depends on the airline - Usually the bigger airlines include all that sort of stuff, but the tickets are more expensive, while the budget carriers have much cheaper tickets, but try to nickle-and-dime the smeg out of you, to the point the ticket can end up just as expensive!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cyker said:

It really depends on the airline - Usually the bigger airlines include all that sort of stuff, but the tickets are more expensive, while the budget carriers have much cheaper tickets, but try to nickle-and-dime the smeg out of you, to the point the ticket can end up just as expensive!

I think what's also cheesed me off is I am having to fly out to get a dental procedure done and the cost to fly with hotel for 2 days is nearly double of what the price of the treatment is.

Unfortunately the clinic we use in London can't do the treatment so we have to go to their main clinic in Europe. But irrespective the ticket and booking procedure isn't user friendly and we are pretty good with web sites so I pity those that are not.

• Like 1

I must admit, I do feel a bit bamboozled when I've watched people try to book such things.

I have some friends who are hardened travellers and they will do all sorts of tricks like booking multi-leg flights to get the over-all travel costs down (They'd happily extend the journey by 2 days and 3 connections just to save a few quid :laugh: )

Another lot prefer trains, and where I would just book a ticket, apparently this apparently is the fools' way, and they also book multiple legs on the same trip as it's somehow cheaper?! :confused1:

And they wonder why I prefer driving!! :laugh: 

So much cheaper and easier...

The only time I have to deal with anything like that complication is the once-a-year insurance hunt! :laugh: 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I must admit, I do feel a bit bamboozled when I've watched people try to book such things.

I have some friends who are hardened travellers and they will do all sorts of tricks like booking multi-leg flights to get the over-all travel costs down (They'd happily extend the journey by 2 days and 3 connections just to save a few quid :laugh: )

Another lot prefer trains, and where I would just book a ticket, apparently this apparently is the fools' way, and they also book multiple legs on the same trip as it's somehow cheaper?! :confused1:

And they wonder why I prefer driving!! :laugh: 

So much cheaper and easier...

The only time I have to deal with anything like that complication is the once-a-year insurance hunt! :laugh: 

Was talk recently about stopping the mult leg bookings on the trains and having a descent price single ticket. Mind you I will believe it when it happens.

On the subject of trains we have a 4 hour journey from Norfolk to Luton airport due to weekend rail works and a replacement bus service on part of the journey. how much more can travelling be made so unpleasant and stressful.😭

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links