Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mk2 Aygo rear wiper. Not working, wiring help

Elseezed

Please identify wires on 2014 rear wiper motor. The Mk1 wiring shows red=switch live, blue= live,   
white/blue= earth. Checked fuse 5, 15 amp, tested ok. Picture of the wiring diagram would help. Thanks Les 

IMG_0082.jpeg

work the wiper stalk (rear) switch back and forth 20-30 times (ignition off)

Red is 12v switch live

White is control from the stalk - Switch Negative

Blue is Ground (note. this is internally switched in the motor

does the car have keyless entry and start ?

Does the rear wash work ?

The 2 fuses you need to check are 15a Washer and 15a wiper RR

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Bob.
Tested at 13volts at the terminal. Looks like the motor has failed. Had a look at a replacement, available new for about £100.

Les

Part number

85130-0H051 previously 85130-0H050

be aware the £100 ones are Chinese reconditioned units, not new OEM

Call a parts supplier/scrappy  they have ones for £25 and some have 3 months warranty. 

Part finder  good one 

Good news, wiper reset itself and went back to its park position. Did not mention in original post that the wiper was stuck in max sweep. Are cars designed to wind you up🤔. Les

• 3 weeks later...

IMG20231007173200.thumb.jpg.4c3ba67c6571de1a52a9ab9344e97eda.jpgAn update. Switched on the rear wiper and it stopped again.

Bit the bullet and took motor apart. Found the shaft had rusted inside the bearing. Removed and cleaned shaft, re-greased, assembled fitted back in Aygo now working.IMG20231007173447.thumb.jpg.807582fb77d9e3ba0be17abc2f5022d3.jpgIMG20231007193318.thumb.jpg.f05b9a62fdbfd439ae05788cab1d4894.jpg

• Like 5

Wow, good job! Well done you for actually taking the time to try and fix it! :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Rear wiper motor failure seems to be an extremely common failure on Mk II Agyo and clones. I've now repaired three.  Water ingress causes the output shaft to corrode and bind. First symptom is motor slowing down. Eventually it may seize and the motor burn out.  I managed to recon two but I had to buy one new replacement motor (which appeared to be OE) - the supplier told me he'd sold over 300....

Apparently the new ones have been upgraded (part no. ending 51 rather than 50) - they look identical to me though....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Derek.w said:

Common failure on all makes even Audi.

No its not a common failure on all makes. I service a variety of cars, rear wiper motor failure is not that common. Last VAG car I replaced one on was a couple of months ago on a 2008 Skoda Fabia with about 150k miles - original motor had seized.

The Aygo 2/ C1 2 and 108s motors seem to be failing after about five/six years through internal corrosion of the output shaft . Clearly a design/quality issue. I'm hoping the ones with new P/N have been improved.  Latest P/N is 85130-0H061

For those of you that need a new motor, Neo Brothers have new OE Denso units for £65.  Retail at the dealers is something crazy (over £200 IIRC).

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Hi. I've exactly the same problem.  How do you get the spindle out?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links