Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dashboard Cover?

LizXOtaku

Does anyone know where I could get a good dashboard cover for a 2011 aygo? As I’m fed up of the glare the dashboard gives off in the sun and I’m not sure on what I could do about it or if tinting the windshield is worth it.

Any suggestions?

One solution is buy polaroid lens sun glasses, it make the situation more bearable 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mushu84 said:

One solution is buy polaroid lens sun glasses, it make the situation more bearable 

I already wear glasses though, so it’s a bit complicated getting new ones

If you are due an eye test soon though, and your scrip changes you could get polaroid lenses for your new specs on a two for one maybe.

Otherwise the non slip sheets from Lidl or Aldi are non reflective , not much money, and hold the dashboard without sliding off,trim with scissors to fit.

I would leave off the tinted windscreen though,if done properly it will be expensive, and if not would probably be illegal and compromise your forward vision.

• Like 1

Would have thought the windscreen in the Aygo already has a slight tint, and this needs to be taken into account if considering an increased tint. For example a windscreen must allow 75% visible light transmission and front side windows must allow 70% visible light transmission. So the total tint for the windscreen can legally only be up to 25% including any existing tint.

Have you tried matt finish dashboard wipes to reduce the 'gloss' of the dash?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Would have thought the windscreen in the Aygo already has a slight tint, and this needs to be taken into account if considering an increased tint. For example a windscreen must allow 75% visible light transmission and front side windows must allow 70% visible light transmission. So the total tint for the windscreen can legally only be up to 25% including any existing tint.

Have you tried matt finish dashboard wipes to reduce the 'gloss' of the dash?

I don’t think it has a tint on the windscreen, but definitely does on the back windows.

I can give the Matt finish dashboard wipes a go, but I think the main problem would be the material of the dashboard I think? As it seems to be like a bumpy light grey plastic, best I can describe it.

I’ll get some soon and see if it works if not then oh well, something to clean with I guess.

1 hour ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

If you are due an eye test soon though, and your scrip changes you could get polaroid lenses for your new specs on a two for one maybe.

Otherwise the non slip sheets from Lidl or Aldi are non reflective , not much money, and hold the dashboard without sliding off,trim with scissors to fit.

I would leave off the tinted windscreen though,if done properly it will be expensive, and if not would probably be illegal and compromise your forward vision.

I’ll give the non slip sheets a try next time I’m in the store, thank you!

Only thing I’m iffy on is if it’ll look okay. 

It'll look iffy, but you can't have cheap options and be Gucci.

Frosty's suggestion is worth a try aswell, not used it so don't know.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LizXOtaku said:

I already wear glasses though, so it’s a bit complicated getting new ones

You can just go back and ask for some on your existing prescription, it won't be that complicated 🙂 

• Like 1

Hi Liz,

You're right, the reflections can be a bit annoying and I've thought about a dashmat a few times.  They sell a few on "Aliexpress", shipping from China can take a while and whilst I've never bought from them personally, a lot of folk on here say that they are very good.

If you put "Aygo dashmat" in the searchbar you can find a few, such as:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004706217611.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.31.2741616dRY59fc&algo_pvid=ba8248e1-eb3a-49d1-8f7e-5a1514019d08&algo_exp_id=ba8248e1-eb3a-49d1-8f7e-5a1514019d08-15&pdp_npi=4%40dis!GBP!20.49!11.48!!!182.80!!%40211b600a16941684258272305e1a52!12000030173202858!sea!UK!0!A&curPageLogUid=0QMXBEi7mR4G

The main reason that I have never taken the plunge and tried one is that they cover up the passenger air bag and so that has always worried me.

If you don't carry passengers, that might be different, however for me, it's another vote for Frosty's matt dash wipes which I'll probably have a go with.

Anyway, all the best and welcome to the board. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links