Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo MMT

agyofanatic

Dear community,

I have some problems with my Aygo from 2009 with a MMT gearbox.

Couple weeks ago i went uphill full speed to pass a car which i then smelled a burned smell which i tough it was the clutch.

Fast forwards couple weeks later my car makes a click noise when putting it in Reverse, it also revs up quite high when i want back up the car, basicly i go barely backwards it takes a lot of throttle.

Noticed from 2 to 3 gear i hear the enige rev up before i let of the pedal to switch gears. to me it looks like tge clutch is slipping and needs a replacing. is this normal after 125.000 kilometers. i bought it with 70.000

Kind regards,

Forgot sometimes it really jerks when it downshifts from 2 to 1 and giving it a bit of throttle. Most noticable thing is in R it moves tiny bit then the car revs up badly to 3k maybe more before i let of the gas and try back up again. Note that click noise is more like a crunch noise shifting from N to R standing still

It’s probably the original clutch and it’s displaying all the symptoms of burnout. And the mileage sounds normal for clutch life. Clutch life is also dependent a lot on how it’s used by the driver.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

It’s probably the original clutch and it’s displaying all the symptoms of burnout. And the mileage sounds normal for clutch life. Clutch life is also dependent a lot on how it’s used by the driver.

I'm going to get the clutch replaced and learned in tomorrow so i hope it drives like new.

• Like 2

The clutch is dead, 80-100k km is about right for an MMT, you may also need to replace the clutch actuator

• Like 1

Just for the record my 2021 MMT could be electronically adjusted/tightened as it was beginning to slip a bit when pulling away, especially in moist conditions, but indeed the burning etc sounds more serious.

• Like 1

2021 as in last of the mk2's - you can do a relearn and that's it, as a bodge you can get a bit of adjustment on actuator, but someone is going to end up with a bill shortly

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links