Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Playing CD's

O.W.L.

10 minutes ago, O.W.L. said:

That's very interesting.

I get confused with what the head units are called. I have a 2019 Lime Edition C-HR with a premium sound system. Anyone know if that is a touch 2 go?

Most likely. The units in the corolla and prius were fitted to the chr range. 

20 hours ago, Paul john said:

Because its deemed illegal now.

rear passengers ok.. but no video in viewing for driver. 

The video element can be seen by the driver, although only when the driver is not driving*. In the Corolla, I could watch the videos if the gearbox was in 'P', otherwise, it was audio only.

* So he is not actually the driver. 🙂

5 hours ago, O.W.L. said:

Well, the stand-alone USB CD player didn't work.

Next stop is the USB to Aux cable.

That was quick. A shame, but to be expected. At least we know. Thanks for posting.

Maybe you can find a portable CD player that supports bluetooth streaming...?

Or maybe get a 3.5mm bluetooth transmitter that you can plug into a normal portable CD player headphone jack (Which you'd also be able to use with the jacks of a Cassette player, Minidisc, vinyl, 8-track, etc. :laugh: )

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cyker said:

Maybe you can find a portable CD player that supports bluetooth streaming...?

Or maybe get a 3.5mm bluetooth transmitter that you can plug into a normal portable CD player headphone jack (Which you'd also be able to use with the jacks of a Cassette player, Minidisc, vinyl, 8-track, etc. :laugh: )

We're getting into the realms of voodoo here, at least it is for someone of my limited ability with such matters. On my last car, it took me until the week before I sold it before I was able to pair my phone with it. There are still functions on the C-HR that I haven't been able to master yet, after 2 years.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, G L J said:

You could try one of these as it has a built in fm transmitter so would not need a physical connection.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B091YP389H/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1

Thank you for that. I have 2 options now, the unit suggested by Paul John and this one.

I must say I favour Paul john's suggestion, because if that works it will be plug & play, rather than me needing to do anything such as pairing, which I'm not very good at if past experience is anything to go by.

1 hour ago, O.W.L. said:
11 hours ago, G L J said:

You could try one of these as it has a built in fm transmitter so would not need a physical connection.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B091YP389H/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1

Thank you for that. I have 2 options now, the unit suggested by Paul John and this one.

I must say I favour Paul john's suggestion, because if that works it will be plug & play, rather than me needing to do anything such as pairing, which I'm not very good at if past experience is anything to go by.

From previous experience, I wouldn't bother even trying something that relied on an FM transmitter to link something with a car radio. This relies on you being able to find somewhere in the FM spectrum that is unused and noise free - and there's little if any of the FM spectrum that is unused and noise free especially as you move from place to place as we tend to do in our cars ... 😉

Big thank you goes out to Paul John for suggesting this CD player

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CC5NKF5R?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Works a treat, with both pre-recorded and self recorded CD's. Best £64 I've spent in a long time. I was beginning to despair of ever being able to play my CD's in the car ever again. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, O.W.L. said:

Works a treat, with both pre-recorded and self recorded CD's. Best £64 I've spent in a long time. I was beginning to despair of ever being able to play my CD's in the car ever again. 

Excellent news

• Like 2

8 hours ago, O.W.L. said:

I'm pleased for you 🙂. I did look at that CD player on Amazon but, because my car isn't listed as being compatible (2021 model Yaris), I've been reluctant to order it. I'd be gutted if the USB input didn't recognise it and I had to send it back, but it might be worth a try.

I have ~250 albums on my USB and they play perfectly. I do edit them as I add them though for ease of selection/to keep them tidy.

Think if you had to store 250 CD’s in your car! 🥴

On 9/16/2023 at 1:40 AM, Paris Yaris said:

I'm pleased for you 🙂. I did look at that CD player on Amazon but, because my car isn't listed as being compatible (2021 model Yaris), I've been reluctant to order it. I'd be gutted if the USB input didn't recognise it and I had to send it back, but it might be worth a try.

Just go for it. Amazon have a good return policy if it is not suitable. Your Yaris 2021 probably has the 3rd gen Touch head unit

1 hour ago, Starensis said:

I have ~250 albums on my USB and they play perfectly. I do edit them as I add them though for ease of selection/to keep them tidy.

Yup 3 100 cd folders about 4” x 4” x 2”

IMG_0098.jpeg

IMG_0099.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Paul john said:

I've done the same works great, also you can easily select indvidual tracks which is much harder on a CD

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hi all, has anybody fitted an external usb cd player, thinking about getting one. Any advice appreciated. Thanks Roger.

Don't go too cheap, ADV-USBCD drives work ok, but improper installation can cause issues

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In this age of phone mirroring, music streaming and bluetooth connectivity etc why would you want to clutter up the inside of your car with a CD player.