Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Annoying squeak in the back of Toyota Aygo 2012

Luke89

An intermittent squeaking sound coming from rear drivers side of Toyota Aygo, not when going over bumps but rather on uneven road surfaces at any speed 

Once had a simlar situation on a old Landrover I sprayed the rubber that the rear upper spring sits on with somethink like silicone spray lubricant in any event it needs tobe safe for use on rubber and you need the option of applying it via a tube for less overspray.

• Like 1

Hi Luke and welcome to the board. :thumbsup:

If it's a 5 door, check the rear side windows as the glass can become unglued from the flip out hinges.....I seem to remember there was a recall so that Toyota dealers could rebond them but it might not have been done on yours.  (To be honest, I say recall but I don't think that Toyota shouted about it from the rooftops, so I would guess a few owners might have missed it)

It could be a rear shocker, my little fella is a 2012 and I've replaced both rears but it could be, as Derek says just a need for a feed with some silicone spray.  It's grand stuff and has many uses from stopping squeaks, to feeding and shining up rubber seals and plastics on any car.

Double check those back windows though, it's better safe than sorry.

Anyway, all the best! :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have this very very loud squeak from the front when I go over speed bump bit to fast but the squeals when I drive over top of a  just stop oil nut job don't bother me   it's just the squeak  ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links