Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2year Toyota Service plan

Basil-BarryC

Anyone had any experience of the Toyota two year service plan, I’m considering this a way of budgeting monthly for two Annual services & first MOT with the added advantage of second & third year breakdown cover included.

Any advantage in taking this out within the first few months of ownership or waiting until the car’s nearly a year old and then setting up ?

Thoughts/comments welcome 

7 minutes ago, Basil-BarryC said:

Anyone had any experience of the Toyota two year service plan, I’m considering this a way of budgeting monthly for two Annual services & first MOT with the added advantage of second & third year breakdown cover included.

Any advantage in taking this out within the first few months of ownership or waiting until the car’s nearly a year old and then setting up ?

Thoughts/comments welcome 

Service plans are good for budgeting, the prices are fixed at the rate when u take it out so inflation protection, also with mine I get free puncture repairs and any lights that might need replacing plus a discount on anything else. 
Your dealer may also offer longer service plans, some are restricted to your dealer some allow using any Toyota dealer

• Like 2

Some members are 'for' service plans and some 'against', so you will probably get mixed responses. They suit a lot of people - it is your money so down to you to decide.

In addition to the budgeting aspect, a service plan will fix your costs for the duration of the plan, whether it is 2 years or more. Plus usually you can tailor it to what you want - eg. to include MOTs or breakdown cover, etc.

Most service plans are administered by a management company rather than the dealer. When a service is done, the dealer gets paid on submission of the invoice by the management company, rather than, as some think, the dealer managing your monthly payments.

Some plans are manufacturer provided and some dealer provided - check which. 

You can usually get a copy of the invoice if you request this as part of the plan.

Where we haven't had 'free' servicing provided, we have had service plans or packs with all of our new cars since around 2003, and have never had a problem with them.

• Like 4

I took out a plan when I bought mine up to and including the 2nd MOT which is due in a couple of weeks. This was through Vantage Toyota and there is a moderate saving on normal servicing costs but the one advantage was those costs are fixed at the time of sale and inflation proofed. If yours also has breakdown cover thrown in for the 2 years then that is also a saving of around £150 assuming it is the Toyota AA cover.

I had some quotes to extend the plan for another 3 years but only one of those services would have been a major service so I might just bite the bullet and just pay at the time the service is due.

• Like 3

The most important thing is to read carefully what it covers, and the terms - As has been mentioned, they aren't all the same.

I'd avoid the dealer-specific ones unless they throw in a lot of freebies!

• Like 1

I have a service plan on my C-HR, and the Good Lady's Yaris. As with anything, there are pros and cons.

Pros

• Fixed service costs - if Toyota increase the price of the service, I still pay the price which was quoted when I took out the plan.
  • Breakdown cover is included
  • Extra 10% discount on parts (this is something offered by my Dealer)
  • Free windscreen wiper fitting
  • Easy budgeting - paying monthly makes sure there is money available for the service when it is due for those who need it

Cons

• When the car is sold / part exchanged, the service plan needs to be cancelled. When I part exchanged my old C-HR this took two months and numerous phone calls to the third party company (EMAC) who were not very helpful.

Overall I am quite happy with our service plans. We can service the cars at any Dealer, and although I had a problem cancelling the service plan I had on my previous C-HR, I would still say that I the pros outweigh the cons; well, for me anyway.

• Like 2

I took out a 3 year service plan with the dealer at point of sale on new car. I get 2 minor and 1 major service. 3 years Toyota breakdown cover plus first MOT is free. Considerably cheaper than paying as you go plus I can go to any Toyota dealer as well.. I had some service left on my old Toyota plan and EMAC carried it over to the new plan with no problem at all. I'm very happy.

I got the same deal, except that EMAC wouldn't transfer my old one over to the new one. This is where the problems started, Eventually, two months and many, many call later I got a refund from EMAC. 

• 1 month later...

Good if you’re going to keep the car for the contract period.

Good ‘cos if the service cost goes up, you still pay the same.

I kind of got conned into it originally but six months later the service costs went up so it saved me quite a bit.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links