Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2014 Avensis D4D Engine oil.

1ofthejuicys

So there is a lot of info online regarding the correct oil for a 2014 D4D Avensis T27. I am aware it is 5W 30 oil but I am not sure which grade C1  C2 or C3 it says C3 is needed for DPF.... Does this car have a DPF???? Was thinking of using 5W 30 C2 ... Does it make that much difference??? What do people think?? 

16 minutes ago, 1ofthejuicys said:

So there is a lot of info online regarding the correct oil for a 2014 D4D Avensis T27. I am aware it is 5W 30 oil but I am not sure which grade C1  C2 or C3 it says C3 is needed for DPF.... Does this car have a DPF???? Was thinking of using 5W 30 C2 ... Does it make that much difference??? What do people think?? 

i got genuine toyota engine oild from a guy that sells genuine toyota parts if yours is the same as mine a  2014 2.0 d4d with engine code 1ADFTV its got a dpf 

toyota engine oil

premium oil   5w-30 

3 hours ago, 1ofthejuicys said:

See below page from owners manual.  5W-30 C2 would be fine

Capture.PNG

• Like 2

doesn't matter, pick a good brand full synthetic oil and change it more frequency, and your car will be happy and last longer.

for 2014, 0W30 will be better oil for better smooth drive with more fuel consumption.

enjoy.

0w30 C2 is the correct oil for this engine according to the book as per the post above. 
This will be a good choice imo. 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185255002282?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=gt2bXHAaQNG&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

i think tbh if going for good quality expensive oil sure you would be better just buying genuine toyota engine oil for your car bud .this guy on eBay sells genuine toyota parts and oil i bought most of my things from this guy .genuine Toyota dealer this guy 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/burrowscarparts

So I am taking it, that you can use both 5W 30 C2 or 0W 30 C2 it's just your preference??? I think I will go with the 5W 30 C2 and I will not be buying very expensive oil, I am currently doing 5000km per month so I will be changing the oil and filter every 3 months or 15000kms 

• Like 2

On 9/20/2023 at 11:00 PM, 1ofthejuicys said:

So I am taking it, that you can use both 5W 30 C2 or 0W 30 C2 it's just your preference??? I think I will go with the 5W 30 C2 and I will not be buying very expensive oil, I am currently doing 5000km per month so I will be changing the oil and filter every 3 months or 15000kms 

Correct, I use 5W-30 C2 in my Avensis.

if you change every 3 month you don't need  very expensive oil, you can use normal average synthetic oil and change filter every second change, also buy a pump don't do it from the screw because it will damage opening and close it so often.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, avensis_2018 said:

if you change every 3 month you don't need  very expensive oil, you can use normal average synthetic oil and change filter every second change, also buy a pump don't do it from the screw because it will damage opening and close it so often.

Is that not a bit 2 early I buy genuine Toyota oil for the car filters and genuine everything especially genuine break pads and discs .as I had nothing but  sickness with those motorfactor parts never again. But 3 months is a bit soon maybe if you cover crazy miles in a year unlike me I'm guessing IL have bother with my dpf later in life. I might start cleaning out the dpf with chemicals to keep this car driving forever but tbh with newer cars compared to my older 1.9tdi VW group car the tin on my 2014 is starting 2 rust already and yes I live in a wee costal town so rust will get it but tbh my older one 2004 seat Toledo 1.9tdi Held up great. Only reason why got rid of the seat was the pulsing break discs were ****** me off .new discs be on 2 months and the shaking would start again maybe 3 months but that's what I'm saying about motorfactor junk parts 

4 hours ago, avensis_2018 said:

This is interesting....I have a Sealy vacuum pump which I used a few times on my old Avensis Strata. Do people feel that the oil filter would do for 6 months approx 27,500kms and would vacuum oil change and then a complete drain sump and change the filter every 6 months do.... I don't think you would damage the sump bung if you change the washer each time. 

thats what im doing in my car and done in my old and older car, change oil every 5,000km, filter every 10,000km. 

you can go even filter every year = for you it will be every 4 times, the oil you can change by yourself with 30$ pump(its so easy and safe), no need special oil, just synthetic 0w20\0w30\5w30. you can find in youtube japan toyota engineers that say exactly what i wrote here. 

anyway do what you think its better for you and for your car.

Remember the C2 specification is important.  It produces low SAPS, which is important for keeping particulate filters healthy.

• Like 1

+1 Vote here for Toyota Genuine Oil.  Will be in stock, same day collection, from your local Toyota dealer. 

It's priced fairly reasonably.  

At the very least, get the same grade. But thinner oil than has been used can lead to leaks... thicker oil will shock the system / stress it and lead to trouble. 

It's all these extra additives from brand-to-brand at all prices that claim to make long term differences.  

Why take the chance?  Genuine oil has whatever keeps the seals.. pistons... whatever components Toyota knows it put together on that engine, happy and running for as long as possible. 

2 hours ago, SB1500 said:

+1 Vote here for Toyota Genuine Oil.  Will be in stock, same day collection, from your local Toyota dealer. 

At the very least, get the same grade. But thinner oil than has been used can lead to leaks... thicker oil will shock the system / stress it and lead to trouble. 

It's all these extra additives from brand-to-brand at all prices that claim to make long term differences.  

Why take the chance?  Genuine oil has whatever keeps the seals.. pistons... whatever components Toyota knows it put together on that engine, happy and running for as long as possible. 

For sure Shane you are right .I would not chance any other oil than Toyota oil for the car. Tbh for all the saving of money in it anyways hardly be worth it.

On 9/25/2023 at 8:18 PM, SB1500 said:

On 9/25/2023 at 10:32 PM, 2009joe said:

For sure Shane you are right .I would not chance any other oil than Toyota oil for the car. Tbh for all the saving of money in it anyways hardly be worth it.

Also, the Toyota oil is made by Mobil.  So Mobil oil will be the same quality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oisin said:

Also, the Toyota oil is made by Mobil.  So Mobil oil will be the same quality.

Not necessarily.  When Mobil makes its oil for Toyota it could be using a different specification / additive package which could be deemed overkill or not worth putting into its commercially available / non manufacturer label bottles. It’s unlikely to be the exact same product. 

same with other parts. Pilkington windscreens going to the factory aren’t the same as Pilkington’s aftermarket windscreens even to fit Toyota models (sadly).  The batches going to factories and dealership networks are subject to extra scrutiny and quality assurance / testing by Toyota so it would make sense if they made specific SKU’s for this purpose. 

for my engine (1WW) the Toyota BMW engine modification, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Toyota bottle wasn’t made by whoever makes BMWs genuine oils.  Even that’s hard to get a straight answer on .. they use a different supplier in Europe to America apparently

I've always believed that making sure the specification and the change interval both meet with the manufacturer's requirements are more important than the brand of oil used. If I was doing that many miles and oil changes, I'd use the cheapest reputable brand that meets the required spec. Taking my own car as an example, it requires expensive 0w16 hybrid engine oil. I'd be happy to use Millers rather than Toyota, as it's a reputable brand that sells for about half the price. The saving would add up to a considerable amount, were I having to do several changes a year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, avensis_2018 said:

a lot of those high mileage cars the owners tend to say they just followed the owners hand book to a tee.  Others added genuine parts helped.   Most , as in your article, tend to do driving heavy jobs most days of the year. That would qualify for ‘intensive conditions’ according to the maintenance schedule so even if they change it twice as often I suppose they’re still following the service schedule all the same. 

I think expensive oil less often is a myth.  Cheap oil more often will probably compare better.  I’ll stick to expensive oil very often on my car though..  oil , even expensive oil, is cheap compared to an engine - even a ‘cheap’ engine 

I just want to finish with this...my last Avensis was a 1.6 petrol strata... I checked my old service log last night and I counted back through my services which I did myself oil, oil filter plugs and air filter.... Sometimes I left it 40,000km between services.... Mostly 20 to 30,000km but never under 20,000km always used 10W 40 oil in it with aftermarket filters and plugs and it was still going strong at 550,000km when I retired it July 2023.... Never burned a drop of oil until it crossed 500,000kms

• Like 1

Wy wife last car avensis 2009 2.0L service in toyota dealer every 2 years 30,000km. End up 200,000km before my wife destroy it, never had a problem with nothing.

In my avensis i change oil every 5000km, use 0w20, or 5w30, change only the oil without the filter,do it with electric pump in 5min, filter im changing every 4 oil changes (2 years). And it's drive like new.

Thats what ive been done in all of my cars before also (but didnt have this magic pump).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links